30

A/N: Symptoms of blood loss include and are not limited to: dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue, sweating, weak pulse, rapid breathing, confusion and weakness.

_________________________________________

"Miyasha?"

My heart dropped when I heard Kagaya call my name. The dread growing in my chest spread through my whole body, making a chill go down my already cold limbs.

"Welcome to the Demon Slayer Headquarters." He welcomed me warmly, "Although... it may have been a bit late for that. I hope you forgive me for not welcoming you earlier."

'What the hell is happening here...?' I wondered as I silently stared at him, trying desperately to ignore the light-headedness I was feeling, 'If there is anyone up there, please give me some strength to handle this.'

"I offer you my warm greetings, Oyakata-sama." I started formally as I clenched my shivering hands, "Please forgive me for my rudeness, but if I may ask... for what purpose am I summoned here, Sire?"

I didn't dare to look up as I bowed deeply— I was not feeling well and everyone's unwavering gaze at me didn't help me feel any better either.

'Calm down, Miyasha... You'll make through this— just bloody calm down.' I clenched my fists even tighter as another shiver went through my whole body; my temperature was rapidly decreasing and my somewhat repressed pain was slowly reappearing as the adrenaline slowly flushed out of my system, 'I need to get out of here soon if I wanna survive...'

"Forgive me for asking for your presence here without any prior notice. As for the reason of your summoning," Kagaya used my own vocabulary back at me, "I wanted to express my gratitude for all the help you have provided to the Demon Slayer Corps even without being a direct part of it and wanted to offer you a chance to be a part of our Corps."

"I beg your pardon?" I blurted out without thinking— the queasy feeling in my stomach growing more and more by each passing moment, "I— what are... how do you even know about that?" I asked bluntly, before adding "If I may ask." just for the sake of politeness.

Kagaya's smile strangely turned softer, "I apologize for startling you, Miyasha." He apologized sincerely, "I have been aware of your activities, in terms of demon slaying, for quite some time now— although tracking you have always been a bit of an issue."

"However, in terms of your dokuchi blood..." he continued, "It was your previous teacher, Shigeno Koji, who had written a letter to me four years ago. In that letter, he mentioned about the strange property of your blood and how you seemed to have been using it for demon slaying in your spare time. Hence, why I wanted to thank you for helping us."

"Blood...?" Shinobu questioned, her eyes meeting mine in confusion.

"My blood... is corrosive in nature." I blurted out, before shaking my head and explaining it properly, "I mean, my blood turns corrosive in nature when it comes in contact with demon blood or demon skin— melting it off as soon as it makes contact, producing a strange white flame as it does so."

"Wait, that's a thing too?!" Uzui asked, his voice dripping with disbelief.

"As far as I've seen, yes." I answered simply, trying my best to not focus on the sharp ache in my head, "I couldn't initially believe it either... That's why I experimented on it while hunting demons whenever I could..."

"You hunted demons?" Uzui popped up again, his gaze turning slightly accusatory as he stared at me, "So, you were the slayer who had been completing our mission before we even reached there?!" He pointed at me, though his tone was rather light and more... impressed? I don't know?