Death's Lover

Check out this amazing fanart by @_RubylovesHawks_ !! Kinta looks so determined and badass in this I love it!! Thank you so much!

Also, don't forget to check out the Valentines Day special I posted yesterday!

♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️

"Hisoka-" Kinta's soft voice drifted down to him as the magician slowly opened his eyes.

Kinta stood in front of him, a soft but sad smile on her lips as she reached her arms towards him. Behind her, the compound burned. The flames licked her body as the sea breeze whipped her golden red hair around her face.

"Kinta~" Hisoka's voice trembled as he stepped towards her.

"Where are you?"

His brow furrowed. "I'm~ I'm right here Kitten~"

"I can't find you-" Her voice sounded hollow and scared, it caused his chest to twist painfully. A silent tear rolled down her cheek as her emerald eyes seemed to look past him, like she couldn't see him.

"I didn't get to you in time~" Hisoka moved towards her, but it seemed the closer he got, the farther she drifted away. "I'm sorry~"

"Hisoka?" She called to him again as the flames from the compound built around her, slowly consuming her. "Hisoka!"

The magician bolted upright in bed covered in a cold sweat. "Dammit~" he cursed under his breath as he plunged both his hands through his ruffled hair.

"Since when do you have bad dreams?" Illumi rolled over on his bed across the room.

They were on an airship, heading to Jappon, the place Illumi had found Arthur's young son. The sun was just starting to rise on the horizon, illuminating the room with pale blue light.

Hisoka ignored the assassins question as he swung his legs off the side of the bed, rubbing his tired eyes for a moment before speaking.

"We should be landing soon, right~?"

"Mmhm." Illumi nodded, turning to look out the window at the rising sun. "You kept saying her name in your sleep."

Again, Hisoka ignored him. They sat in silence for a long time, Hisoka fixing his ruined hair as they waited. He didn't have the energy to paint his usual star and teardrop on his face, so he simply used texture surprise to apply the markings and hide the deep bags under his eyes.

"Hisoka?" Illumi spoke again without looking at him. "Do you love her?"

The magician blinked, tearing his gaze away from the sunrise to look at him, but Illumi kept watching the sun. Should he tell him the truth? How would the assassin react? Would he try to use it against him in the future? But Illumi didn't seem like the type, he was confident in his ability to defeat Hisoka on his own.

"Yes~" He finally admitted.

"Hm." Illumi finally turned to look at him. "Then why didn't you keep her on a tighter leash? Why didn't you control her?"

"I don't want to break her~" The words came out before he really thought about what they meant.

The assassins black eyes got even wider. "What does that have to do with controlling her?"

"Illumi~" Hisoka sighed and ran a hand through his hair, turning to watch the sunrise again as he spoke. "If I really wanted to control Kinta, I'd have to break her first~ and then rebuild her in my image~" he slowly shook his head. "I don't want that~"