Friend or Foe?

Hello everybody, I am very sorry I missed last weeks update, I was very sick and I spent most of my time this week staring at the ceiling waiting for the room to stop spinning. Looking at computer screens made me feel even sicker, so I'm sorry I missed last week. But I am back and feeling MUCH better now.
♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️

Hisoka

Illumi turned to face Hisoka, seemingly totally unbothered by Kinta who looked like she was ready to rip the assassin's throat out with her teeth. Then again, Hisoka was just as angry.

"I'm not playing with your toy Hisoka." Illumi sighed and brushed a hair away from his face. "I'm just borrowing it."

"She is not your broodmare~" Hisoka ground his molars together, trying to keep his cool despite the bloodlust oozing out of him.

"There has to be something else Illumi, another way for me to repay you." Kinta flexed her fingers at her side, she was obviously trying to keep her cool as well. Making an enemy of Illumi could be quite problematic, they both recognized that.

"You shared your toy once before Hisoka." The assassin ignored Kinta as he spoke. "Is this really all that different from last time? Your pet certainly seemed to enjoy it."

Hisoka lunged, closing the distance between him and the assassin in a blink of an eye. Of course Illumi was just as fast, he moved to block Hisoka's punch to his stomach without missing a beat. But the magician grabbed his arm, yanking downwards as he drew Illumi in for a sharp upper-cut to his jaw.  The hit caused him to stumble back a step before he spun, aiming a kick at Hisoka's head. He ducked just as Illumi swung downwards with his fist, but the magician simply caught the assassin fist in his hand. Completely stopping his momentum.

"Now I know you're not this weak~" Hisoka sighed bordly and he slowly stood, veins popping out on both of their arms as he held the assassins fist away from his face. "Why are you holding back~?"

A faint smile tugged the corners of Illumi's lips. "Who said I'm holding back?"

The magician blinked before releasing Illumi's hand and leaping away just as Kinta's scythe crashed down between them, leaving a deep score in the ground right where he'd been standing.

"Kinta~?" His eyes went wide as he looked at his pet, she stood stiffly not far from Illumi, her movements short and choppy- nothing like her usual self. Hisoka's stomach knotted when he spotted the golden needle sticking out of the back of her head.

Illumi hadn't just been trying to kick Hisoka in the head, it'd been a distraction so that he could stick Kinta with one of his needles and take control of her. He'd sent the needle out as he spun, effectively distracting both of them. Rage reignited the magician's bloodlust, Kinta was strong but if they didn't remove the needle soon she could end up paralized or dead. The only way she'd continue to live is with Illumi's control.

"I expected her to put up more of a fight honestly." Illumi sighed as he moved to Kinta's side, cocking his head at her as she stood stalk still, her emerald eyes staring blankly ahead. "But she was too distracted trying to watch out for you that she didn't notice my needle until it was too late."  He reached out, slipping his fingers under her chin to tilt her head back. The reaper's blood boiled as he watched the assassins lips graze her jaw, his dark eyes watching the magician. "She's mine now."

"We'll see about that~" Hisoka muttered before a handful of cards appeared between his fingers, launching them at Illumi.

The assassin simply sent his pins out, catching each card in the air and pinning them to the surrounding tree's. No matter, the magician had intended on the cards acting as a distraction, but as he lunged, it was Kinta that moved to attack instead of Illumi. Hisoka hesitated as Kinta came at him, stepping between him and Illumi as she swung her scythe upwards. The magician blocked the hit with his bracelets, but it was still powerful enough to knock his arms back- forcing him to leap back before Kinta could land her follow  up attack with her claws. She pursued him, aiming another swipe at his side with her scythe. Hisoka leapt, his feet missing the scythe with only a few inches to spare, he sent his cards towards her, hoping to deal a little non-lethal damage to slow her down. Of course he didn't want to kill Kinta, he needed to handle her puppet master, but in order to do that he'd need to slow her down first.