The Magicains Exam part2

The two examiners introduced themselves as Menchi and Buhara. They announced that the next phase would be cooking. While everybody else complained, Kinta was actually excited. She loved to cook. A large bodied man known as Todo complained loudly and started making fun of the two examiners. Claiming that this wasn't a "real" test. That's when Kinta felt Hisoka's bloodlust seeping out through the crowd. While everybody else shifted away from him, Kinta had to fight the urge to get closer. Her body vibrated with the need to respond to his bloodlust, and she shook with excitement. She might just have to play with this clown afterall. Hisoka must have sensed her reaction, he eye'd her from the corner of his eye. Cocking his eyebrow and giving her a lazy smirk.

Then, Buhara revealed that the required ingredient would be pork and sent everybody out to find it.

Lucky for Kinta she already knew what kind of pig lived here, The Great Stamp. She managed to find one but killing it proved to be a little difficult. She almost got trampled twice before she managed to whack it over the head with a large tree branch. But she didn't bother bringing the whole pig back like the rest of the applicants. Kinta whipped out her handy hunting knife and cut out sections of belly fat from the pig. She was going to make Bacon for Menchi and Buhara, it was simple to make and she didn't know a single person who didn't like bacon. Unless they were vegetarians, but considering that Menchi and Buhara had sent them out for a meat-based ingredient she doubted that was the case. This should be a piece of cake.

When it came time for her to present her dish, Buhara gobbled it up but Menchi only nibbled the end off and failed her. "It's too salty and greasy." She complained, "points for being more creative than the rest of this lot who just roasted the whole damn pig. But not enough for you to pass."

Kinta glared at the examiner, that's the whole point of bacon lady. Who the hell doesn't like bacon?? She felt her bloodlust begin to seep out as she got frustrated, they had not passed a single applicant so far. And who the hell doesn't like BACON?? Menchi eyed her and Kinta had to take a breath and walk away before she ended up punching the lady. She hadn't expected to be THAT offended by somebody not liking her cooking.

"Hey!" The kid named Gon called her as she exited the stage. "Menchi actually tried your pig! The only other person she tried was Karpika's! That's awesome!"  He grinned and gave me a thumbs up.

Kinta couldn't help but smile at him, he must have realized she was upset and was trying to cheer her up. What a sweet kid.

In the end, everybody failed. And everybody was pissed about it. Kinta felt Hisoka's bloodlust again, like he was planning on attacking Menchi, and she was just about to get a piece of that action herself when a voice rang out from above.

"Well, that said. It would be a bit excessive to disqualify all of the applicants this year."
Everybody looked up to see an airship with the hunters symbol flying overhead. Some crazy old man leaped out of the ship and landed in front of everybody. Menchi introduced him as chairman Netero. Netero and Menchi decided that everybody would be making boiled eggs from spider eagle nests as a re-test.

Kinta had a blast collecting  the eggs, but while she was in the fisher she noticed a pink string-like thing snatch a couple of eggs. When she got back to the top she looked back down, trying to spot the strange pink string, but it was gone. Odd.

Afterwards everybody was loaded up on the airship, we were given the evening to do as we please. While she was wandering about the ship Kinta found Hisoka building a tower of cards, then knocking it down with his hand. He was smiling mischievously and chuckling as he did so. It was very creepy, but kind of cute in a weird way.

Kinta shook her head, 'Knock it off you nutcase' She thought to herself 'That man would kill you for fun and sleep like a baby the same night.' She sighed and sunk into a bench in the dining hall. "And that's really hot.." She sighed to herself. 'Damn I've got issues.'

"What's hot~?" A familiar voice purred in her ear, making her almost jump out of her seat. Hisoka had appeared next to her.

"Aaah this food! It's really hot, d-don't burn yourself." She stumbled over her words.

"Hmm, but you dont have any food~" Hisoka smiled at her, sitting down next to her and lacing his fingers together under his chin, waiting for her next dumb response.

"What do you want, Hisoka?" Kinta sighed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I was getting bored and seeing as we did not finish our chat from earlier I hoped you would entertain me some more~"

"I'm not here for your amusement." Kinta huffed.

"Not to worry, you're pretty entertaining without trying~"

A knot was starting to form on Kintas forehead. 'This guy is just trying to rile me up. He knows exactly what he's doing, jerk.' She turned and gave him the coolest smile she could muster. "You're pretty entertaining yourself, but I guess that's to be expected. Since you dress like a clown."

Hisoka scowled at her, his blood lust slipping out as he directed it at her. She must have hit a nerve. But Kinta shot her own bloodlust right back, he'd pissed her off too. The people around them started to notice the change in aura and moved away uncomfortably. But Hisoka and Kinta never broke eye contact.

"Why don't we go to the gym, a little fight to pass the time~?" He said coldly.

Kinta smirked at him, allowing her bloodlust to grow even more. Feeling adrenaline pumping through her veins as she leaned it. 

"No." Kinta said bluntly and dropped the blood lust.

Hisoka blinked in surprise.

"That's what you want,  and I'm not in the habit of giving jerks what they want."

Hisoka smiled again and put his hand to his chest. "I'm offended~." He pouted mockingly.

"Don't worry Hisoka." Kinta said as she stood up, smiling at him. "I'll fight you before this exam is over."

She gave him a determined smile before she walked away, the guy looked like he almost came in his pants. Creepy. Though some screwed up part of her, was also turned on by their encounter.  'Jeez I've got issues.'