Growing Pains pt.2

Kinta
*Happening while Hisoka is in the shower*
Kinta lay there for a long time staring at herself in the mirror on the ceiling and listening to the shower run in the bathroom. She thought about the sex they had just had in the forest and how simliar it was to when he'd tried to take her against a tree on Zevel Island after she'd killed her hunter. That seemed like such a long time ago, but it had only been a couple of months.
But something had changed between her and Hisoka. On the island and at Heavens Arena, they had been fueled purley by carnal desire and bloodlust, there had been very little emotion shared between the two of them. But just now in the forest there had been passion, Hisoka had shown a tenderness that she hadn't seen from him before.
Not only that, but lately he acted like patching her up was his job and his job only, he was making sure she was eating properly, getting enough rest and had held her in such an intimate way while she was unconscious. He'd gone from aloof and uncaring to attentive and gentle towards her in only a couple of months.
Sure when she'd first started messing with him during the hunter exam it had only been because she wanted to see if she could poke a hole in that facade of his. She'd expected to find a broken man with trust and anger issues under the mask, she'd been taken by surprise by the glimpses of a kind and gentle man she saw.
"Only with you for some reason." His voice drifted through her head, causing Kinta to blush. Did he only act this way with her? Surely there were other people who'd seen this side of him, right?
So many questions bounced around in Kinta's head, none of them relevant to her current situation. Why had he changed his attitude towards her? Did he even realize he was doing it? Why had he gotten so flustered when she thanked him for helping her? Why had he even helped her in the first place? And why the hell did her heart  jump into her throat everytime she thought of or saw that gentle smile he gave her on occasion? Or the way he would drape his arm over her and pull her close to him when he was asleep? Did he even know that he did that?
Kinta tried to change her focus to their final fight together, she needed a plan to defeat Hisoka. After all he is the one who trained her, which means he will know most of her tricks already. She needed to practice away from him so that she'd still have some hidden tricks up her sleeve. Images of Tenshi and Akuma looks of horror as she had defeated them flashed through her head and she tried to imagine the same look on Hisoka's face as he crumbled in defeat.
But the thought caused a painful knot to form in Kinta's chest, she groaned and covered her face with a pillow. "God damnit." She muttered into the pillow.
She'd been afraid of this, she wanted to become strong enough to defeat Hisoka. She still wanted to test her skills against him, but the thought of his beautiful face contorting with such agony filled her with dread. She didn't want to do that to him. Which meant she was in big trouble, because Hisoka had no plans on holding back during their fight. Kinta had made sure of that.
Kinta pulled the pillow off her face as she tried to imagine her life after their fight, if she did manage to kill him. The same empty-ache filled her chest as it did when Hisoka had left her in the hotel room in York New.
"I'm going to be in big trouble if I can't get my priorities straight." Kinta sighed as she rolled to her side. For now, she decided just to focus on getting strong enough to kill Arthur, then she would worry about what to do with the magician.
***
Hisoka
Hisoka groaned as he squinted against the light across his eyes. The damn mirrors surrounding the bed, while they did look like fun, were perfect for directing the sunlight straight into your eyes. He rubbed his hand over his face as he sat up in bed and he quickly realized that Kinta was gone. He tried to ignore the concern he felt in his gut as he quickly dressed and walked outside.
He could still sense traces of her aura so she must not have left that long ago, he tracked her out of the town and back towards the forest.
'What was she thinking? Coming back out to the forest by herself in the condition she was in?' He thought to himself as he walked, feeling mildly annoyed. It had only been a couple days since her fight with the brothers, sure Kinta healed quickly but she was still in pretty rough shape. Or maybe he was being a little over protective.
He could sense her now as he stepped past the tree line, Kinta stood in the middle of a small clearing. She was focusing her ability into her fingertips like she did when she was about to attack, but he sensed no bloodlust coming off of her. She must just be practicing.
Hisoka made sure to stay out of her bubble of En as he watched her curiously. Kinta sent her ability out  a few feet away from herself, took a deep breath and then whipped it around herself.
Hisoka smiled as he realized what she was doing, Kinta was developing a technique to use her ability as a defensive tool. That ability of her's was really quite useful in terms of battle, she'd gotten pretty good at using it as a close and long range weapon so it made sense that she wanted to develop a defensive technique for it as well.
Hisoka propped his hip on a tree and crossed his arms as he watched her. Kinta must have stopped at a shop and bought new clothes, the other clothes had been destroyed in her fight with the brothers. She wore a black tank top and blue denim shorts and her usual black, leather combat boots with her hair back in a braid against her neck.
Hisoka couldn't help but stare at Kinta's ass as she stretched her arm's upwards, she'd screwed up her last attempt at using her ability as a defensive tool. She'd been unable to keep the whips moving fast enough around her to be of much use. Kinta seemed to consider this as she stretched, bending over to touch her toes now. Honestly, those shorts were dangerous.
In her last attempt Kinta had attempted to keep her hands and fingertips moving to keep the ends of the whips moving around her. It had worked briefly and if she timed it right she could certainly use it to counter an attack. But apparently this wasn't enough for Kinta, she'd finished a couple of stretches and was focusing her ability into her fingers again.
This time she took a step forward as she wiped her ability out and spun on the ball of her foot, effectively increasing the speed of her whips moving around her. Then she planted her foot and threw a right hook, took a step back and then spun on the ball of her foot again while kicking out with the other leg, still managing to maintain the barrier around herself. It wasn't perfect, but with practice this would be a deadly technique, she could attack and defend at the same time. It was getting Hisoka excited.
He watched her for quite a while, Hisoka had to keep reminding himself to watch her technique. Not her ass in those wonderful, form-fitting shorts. Damn. She really was quite beautiful to watch, her technique reminded him of a ballet dancer. Her movements were light and graceful but also deadly and powerful. Hisoka was almost entranced by Kinta, her movements were getting more fluid and accurate with each new attempt. She really was a quick learner.
Kinta abruptly stopped training and sighed as she pushed some hair out of her face that had come loose. "Are you going to make yourself useful or keep staring at my ass like a perve?" She turned and rolled her eyes at him.
"Shouldn't you be resting those wounds~?"  Hisoka stepped out from under the shade of the tree. "After all the trouble we went through I'd hate to see you reinjure yourself~."
Kinta planted her hands at her hips. "You should know by now that I heal quickly, so long as I don't push myself too hard I'll be fine."
"Then perhaps I shouldn't step in, if you're not supposed to push yourself too hard." Hisoka was infront of her now, even though her boots added three inches to her height she still only came up to his chest. "We would probably get carried away~."
"Oh come on." Kinta pouted. "Won't you play with me?"
Hisoka chuckled, his hand reached out without him thinking about it and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "There are other ways we could play~."
Kinta blushed deeply but she smiled up at him. "You horny nutcase."
"You're one to talk~" Hisoka chuckled dryly.