Regret

"Not to worry, we can still have our drink." Hisoka smiled as he moved into the kitchen, coming back with three bottles. "I've got scotch here, I also have Gin and Rum for a more lady-like drink if you prefer~"
Kinta rolled her eyes. "Scotch is fine. Thank you."
Hisoka poured both of them a drink and handed her her's before he sat down at the foot of the bed, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. Watching her intently, his eyes seemed to study her.
"What?" Kinta finally snapped.
He smirked. "I just realized I've never seen you fully naked."
Kinta blushed again, jeez how red can my face get?
"I have a question for you." Kinta said after taking a sip of her drink.
"Hmm~?" HIsoka had his eyes closed while he took a long and slow drink. Kinta watched the muscles in his throat move as he swallowed. 'Why does that look so damn sexy?'
Kinta shook  the thought out of her head. "What happened to the wound I gave you?" She asked bluntly. "I noticed it feels like a piece of fabric over where the wound should be, but it looks like there is nothing there."
Hisoka chuckled. "You noticed that hmm~? And here I thought I had kept you rather distracted~"
Kinta tried to ignore her ears burning.
"Tell you what." Hisoka leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees again. He swirled the liquid in his glass slowly. "I'll tell you about my little magic trick if you tell me how you cut my bungee gum."
Kinta blinked, how was she supposed to answer that? She didn't even know how she'd cut his Bungee Gum, she felt some of the color drain out of her face. "I uh- that's-" she stumbled over her words trying to come up with a clever response.
Hisoka simply cocked his head at her, obviously enjoying watching her struggle.
Kinta sighed. "Honestly? I have no idea. It was a happy accident."
"Interesting~" Hisoka murmured, he was staring at her. His eyes traveling up and down her body like he was studying her again. Kinta tried not to squirm under his gaze.
Hisoka's eyes narrowed for a moment, he didn't seem pleased with that answer. He finally sighed as he stood, grabbing the bottle and re-filling his drink. "I call it Texture Surprise. I can use it to make fabric look like skin and cover any wound."
Kinta tried to stifle a giggle but it came bubbling out of her chest anyways.
Hisoka turned and cocked an eyebrow at her, leaning his hip on the wall. "And what is so funny?"
"You." She finally laughed. "You are kind of adorable sometimes." She grinned at him and noticed the slight blush on his cheeks.
Hisoka cleared his throat. " Adorable?Really?" His tone dripped with sarcasm.
"You named Bungee Gum after your favorite chewing gum." She giggled. "And you named Texture surprise like the stickers that come with a popular candy. Got a sweet tooth, Hisoka?"
Hisoka laughed again, his real laugh. Kinta could certainly get used to hearing this.
"So, are you going to answer my question now?" Kinta cocked her head at him.
"Hmm~?" Hisoka sat down across from her at the foot of his bed again.
"Remember? Your Nen type?"
"Ohh right~" The man gave her a wicked smile before motioning his hand towards himself. "I'm surprised you haven't figured it out already. I'm a transmuter."
"Transmuter huh?" Kinta murmured, she'd forgotten about that category. Transmuters were the ones who could change their quality of aura to match something else, she almost slapped herself for not figuring that out sooner.
"I know yours too~" Hisoka smirked at her.
"Huh? How do you know?!"
Hisoka chuckled. "Your personality was my first clue, but your water devenation test confirmed it."
"My personality clued you in to my Nen type?" Kinta cocked her head. "And how did you figure it out from the water? Nothing really happened!"
Hisoka clicked his tongue at her. "Your teacher is really slacking on their job. How much do you really know about Nen?"
"The basics." Kinta grumbled before taking a long drink. She really didn't want to talk about her teacher or Hoseki.
Hisoka rolled his eyes. "I'd say your more than ready to move on from the basics~"
"Are you going to tell me my Nen type or not?" Kinta snapped.
Hisoka narrowed his eyes, obviously getting annoyed with her temper. She really needed to be more careful around this man, if he decided that he was tired of her antics he could kill her in a moment. And there wouldn't be much Kinta could do about it.
"You've lost your teacher haven't you?" Hisoka finally spoke, his voice low.
Kinta stared down at her drink, swirling the amber liquid slowly. "It got complicated-"
"What about that adorable girl you were running around with~?"
"I'd rather not talk about it." Kinta tried to keep her annoyance out of her voice.
"If you want me to tell you your Nen type, you'll tell me what happened with your teacher~" Hisoka leveled his gaze with hers.
"Then don't tell me." Kinta sighed and finished her drink before standing up. "I'll figure it out on my own. We are done here anyways." She started to move for the door.
"I'd suggest finding another teacher soon~" Hisoka's sing-song voice called to her as she walked towards the door.
Kinta rolled her eyes. "Yeah, because Nen teachers are so easy to come by."
She heard Hisoka chuckle as she walked out the door and closed it behind her. She stood there, staring at his door for a moment. Kinta must have impressed him in their fight, he'd told her his Nen type but she still couldn't figure out her own.
"I should have just told him." Kinta grumbled as she turned away from the door. Her stubbornness often made her life harder for herself.
"Kinta?" A voice called to her from the other side of the hallway.
Kinta froze in place, the only person at Heavens Arena that knows her real name should be Hisoka. She slowly turned towards the voice, only to have her blood run cold.
The man walking towards her from the opposite side of the hall was Hari. He was a part of her father's "family" from the compound, he was also considered one of the better fighters of the family.
"Ha-Hari-" Kinta's voice came out a mere whisper, she'd expected to see some more bounty hunters. Not somebody from the family. Even though Hari had been one of the few people who was kind to her growing up, she doubted that she could trust him.
"Hey, it's okay." Hari put his hands up like he was surrendering. "I'm not here to fight or try to drag you home, I just didn't expect to see you here." He stopped a few feet in front of her, they were both still standing outside of Hisoka's door.
"You caused quite a mess when you escaped." Hari chuckled. "Arthur was running around like a chicken with its head cut off."
Kinta's stomach knotted at her father's name. "Yea- yeah." Kinta swallowed dryly, trying to calm her nerves. "I needed quite a distraction if I was going to get away."
"So that's why you blew up the supply vault? Smart girl." Hari ran a hand through his thick black hair. He wasn't a very tall man, only standing at about 5'8. He was dressed casually in an army green shirt and tan cargo pants. "Everybody was too busy trying to save the supplies and food to notice you slipping away."
'Almost everybody.' Kinta just nodded silently. "Why are you here?"
"Arthur sometimes sends people here to earn money for the family.Don't worry, I'm not going to tell him that you're here." Hari smiled at her. "Why are you looking at me like I'm going to attack you?" He moved towards her and Kinta shied away. Hari was an expert in poison and other drugs, he'd developed a range of medicines and poisons from the herbs found outside of the compound. What he could do with a needle was terrifying, and he always had them hidden in various places of his body. "Come on Kinta, it's me. When have I ever done anything to hurt you? I know how awful your father was to you, remember how you used to hide at my place sometimes? My wife used to sneak you food all the time.I've known you since you were a baby, I'm not going to hurt you."
Kinta released a shaky breath, he was right. Hari had been more like a father to her than her actual father had ever been. "I'm sorry." She rubbed the back of her neck. "I ran into some bounty hunters a couple days ago, I guess it's got me all jumpy."
"I heard about that." Hari nodded. "Why don't we sit down and catch up?"
"Ah- sure." Kinta motioned for him to follow her. "I've got a room this way."
"You sure look nice tonight." Hari smiled as he followed her. "Did you have a date?"
Kinta blushed at his words. "No, not really. Just lost a bet."
Hari released a throaty laugh as they arrived at her door.
But Kinta felt eyes on them the second they'd arrived at her door. Who was watching them? She pushed open her door while scanning the hallway for anybody else. She suddenly felt a sharp pinch in her neck, her world started to sway almost immediately. She turned to Hari, who's demeanor had changed. He now looked at her with a burning hatred in his eyes as he grabbed her shoulders and forced her inside the room.Slamming the door behind him.
Kinta stumbled into the room, her panic already starting to build as her world became more unstable.
"My wife and I treated you like family, we took care of you." Hari growled as he stalked towards her. "And you! You stupid girl, you killed her!"
"I do-don't know wh-at your talking a-about." Kinta stumbled over her words, grabbing the wall to try and balance herself. Hari moved and Kinta was too disoriented to avoid him, he slapped her across the face. In her disoriented state, Kinta fell to the ground.
Hari loomed over the top of her, pressing his foot into her stomach painfully. "She was IN the supply vault, you bitch!" He exclaimed before kicking Kinta hard in the ribs. "You killed my wife!"
Kinta's stomach knotted again. "I- I didn't know-" she ground her teeth against the pain as Hari kicked her in the ribs again. She tried to get to her feet but Hari's foot connected with her chin.
"Oh no, I can't have you trying to get up now." He grumbled as he knelt next to Kinta's head. "Your tolerance is high, but this should knock you out for about 24hours. Long enough for me to bring you home."
Kinta tried to slap the needle away from her neck, but Hari simply pinned her arm down as he stabbed it into her neck again. The liquid felt like cold sludge in her veins, she shivered before her body went totally numb and limp. Her vision slowly started to fade.
"Ha-Hari-" Kinta drew a ragged breath. "Please-"
But she was met with another kick to the ribs, causing Kinta to cry out in pain. "I don't care what your reasoning is! You killed my wife! My sweet, beautiful wife!You father was right, you are a monster! I will never forgive you!" He stomped down on her stomach.
Kinta barely reacted this time, the drugs were kicking in and she was having a hard time just staying conscious. She desperately wracked her brain for a way out of this situation, but her head was too foggy to think clearly.
Hari suddenly straddled her waist, bringing his fist back like he was going to punch her in the face. Images of the boy who'd held her down like this last flashed through Kinta's head. He'd pinned her down like this, beaten her and had his way. The images flashed through her head at a painful speed, and a scream erupted from Kinta's chest.
Hari punched her in the jaw so hard she would have been seeing stars even if she hadn't been drugged.
But just as he'd hit her, the door to her room flung open. Hari yelped as he was suddenly pulled backwards off of her, Kinta was too weak at this point to even lift her head. She tasted blood in her mouth and coughed as it slid down the back of her throat. She heard a horrible squelching sound and then a loud thump. Kinta laid there, unable to move at all, her consciousness fading rapidly, just trying to remember to breathe.
"My, my~" A familiar voice called to her. "What kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into~?"
Kinta blinked a few times, trying to clear her vision enough to see who was talking to her. But all she saw was a flash of red, she felt an arm slip under her back and felt herself being lifted before her world turned dark.