Stubborn Aries

Hi guys, I'm back with another sporadic update! I'm just coming back from a very nice (covid safe) vacation, so hopefully I'll be back to my usual posting schedule soon! I hope everybody is doing well! I miss you guys!

♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️

Kinta
Kinta smiled as she blocked Hisoka's punch to her face, he was obviously holding back, but she couldn't say she blamed him. It just felt good to be training again. She moved to punch him in the stomach, but Hisoka swiped at her with his nails, forcing her to leap backwards away from him as he pursued her. Kinta activated her scythe and swung it at him, only aiming to graze him with it if he got too close and being sure to barley channel any power into it. She didn't need another mishap like with the waitress. But Hisoka surprised her by bringing his wrist up and blocking her scythe with the bracelets on his wrist.

"Ohhh-" She paused as she landed. "Did you upgrade your bracelets?"

Hisoka smiled at her, a handful of cards appearing in his hand before throwing them at her. Kinta laughed as she rolled away from the first handful of cards, catching a few in the air as she threw them back at Hisoka. But again he deflected his own cards with his bracelets.

"Titanium alloy~" The magician purred. "I figured I needed something you couldn't break if we were going to spar properly~" He paused and blinked at his wrist as he examined the bracelet for a moment.

"What?" Kinta didn't drop her fighting stance, unsure if he was trying to lead her into some sort of trap or not.

"I thought your ability couldn't cut through metal~?"

She blinked. "It can't, why?"

Hisoka furrowed his brow as he slipped the metal bracelet off his wrist and held it up for her to see, there was a deep groove where Kinta had struck him, her scythe had almost cut the bracelet in half.

"What-?" Kinta furrowed her brow and looked down at her hands, since when could she cut through metal? Maybe not as easily as she could cut through other materials like wood or flesh, but she'd never been able to make a dent in it like that, and she was barley channeling any power into her attack.

"Just as I suspected~" Hisoka murmured as he slipped the bracelet back onto his wrist, his bloodlust slowly beginning to seep out of him as his excitement built. "I thought I sensed it while you were practicing the basics at home,  but this proves it~" He shivered as his fingers flexed at his sides. "Your Nen has gotten stronger~"

"But how?" She cocked her head at him, trying to ignore the pins and needles sensation rolling over her skin. She fought the urge to respond to his bloodlust, this was supposed to be a friendly sparring match after all. If she gave in, this would undoubtedly turn into a fight for dominance before they started ripping into each other like horny animals.

"Nen is stronger after death, remember~?" His eyes grew wide as he extended his hand towards her and curled his fingers in a "come here" motion. "Come on then, hit me with your best shot~"

A large smile spread across Kinta's face, her Nen had gotten stronger? Oh she couldn't wait to test her strength against her father. She lunged for the magician, aiming like she was going for his stomach again, the moment Hisoka moved to block she changed stance, palming the ground as she spun and got him in the chin with a Ko-powered kick. He took the hit, sliding back a little ways as Kinta got her feet under her again and lunged for him. But Hisoka had already recovered, closing the distance between him and her in an instant and landing an uppercut to Kinta's jaw that almost sent her sprawling out on her back. She rolled just in time to avoid a powerful stomp from the magician as he came down over the top of her. Kinta activated her scythe as she rolled to her feet, Hisoka brought his arm up to block her high attack with his bracelets and the moment he did Kinta lunged for the opening he left at his midsection.

But Hisoka was too quick witted for that, his hand was already up so he attached his bungee gum to one of the tree branches above him, lifting himself up off the ground just as Kinta lunged. She missed him completely and let out a frustrated growl as she looked at the magician dangling above her in the trees. He didn't stay there long, soon enough her was using his Bungee Gum to glide through the trees, moving in fast circles around her as he threw cards from various angles.

Kinta activated her En, using it to help her sense the cards as she dodged, deflected and cut them out of the air with her ability. She didn't try to attack yet, she stayed on the defensive for a few moments to get a sense for his patterns before striking again, sending her scythe out to where she'd predicted the magician would appear next. Hisoka let out a surprised gasp, using his bungee gum in the opposite direction to stop himself before getting slashed across the stomach with her scythe. Kinta used that moment of hesitation to her advantage, activating her scythe in her other hand and used it to cut the bungee gum he was using to hold himself in the air. Hisoka hardly had time to react, but he chuckled as he landed gracefully on the ground.

"You are simply too much fun~" He purred as the two sized each other up again.

Kinta gave him a closed-eyed smile. "Likewise Hiso-" Suddenly, like a ton of bricks just came crashing down over her head, white hot pain burned through her head as the world around her started to spin violently. "Hi-hisoka-" she could barely hear her own voice over the ringing in her ears as her legs gave out from under her, sinking to her knees in the grass.

"Kinta~?!" The magician was next to her in an instant, kneeling in the grass and putting an arm behind her shoulders and she swayed. "What's wrong~?"

She groaned softly as she brought her hands up to the sides of her head, trying desperately to keep down the singular bite of breakfast she'd had this morning. "Dizzy-"

They stayed like that for a moment, Hisoka obviously unsure if he should move her or not as he held her steady with an arm around her shoulders. But slowly, the dizzy feeling subsided and so did the pain and ringing in her ears. Kinta blinked a few times as everything finally stopped moving, looking up as she focused on the worried expression on the magicians face.

"I'm okay, I just got- really dizzy for a moment there."

"That's enough for one day~" Hisoka murmured, helping her to her feet by holding onto her elbow. "Let's go home~"

Kinta couldn't help but smile at him, despite still feeling a little dizzy. They'd both begun referring to the apartment as home, like it was their home. The thought caused a warm feeling to spread through her chest. Hisoka didn't let go of her as they walked through the park, he held on to her hand, glancing at her from the corner of his eye as they walked, like he thought she might drop at any moment.

"I told you, I'm feeling better now Hisoka." She sighed and rolled her eyes at him.

"You don't look like you're feeling better, you're awfully pale~" He murmured, he released her hand for a moment to press the back of his massive hand to her forehead. "And warm~" He pursed his lips disapprovingly as he took her hand again.

"I mean, we were just working out." Kinta pointed her thumb back towards the park. "That's probably why I'm warm."

"Why must you be so stubborn~" Hisoka slowly shook his head as they made their way slowly back to the apartment.

They paused at a crosswalk, waiting for the light to turn as a bus stopped a few feet away and started unloading a bundle of people dressed in various suits and scrubs. Kinta watched them curiously, her eyes widening when she spotted a familiar person stepping off the bus.