Identity Crisis

Hey guys, check out this amazing fan art by LisaMartinez080 !! I LOVE the way she drew Kinta's eyes and hair! She looks awesome!!
♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️

Kinta
Kinta sighed heavily as she sat next to the window on the airship, watching the water move underneath them. She'd left Glam Gas Land hours ago and they'd seen nothing but water ever since. It'd been hard to leave, honestly, Kinta wanted to see more of  the place the magician called his home town. But she needed some time away from Hisoka, as much as she didn't actually want to leave, she needed to remind herself of the reality of her situation. She was just his toy, a pet- and in reality, Hisoka would be a terrible owner. He did plan on breaking his pet someday and then he'd kill her, discard her like trash and probably forget all about her. Kinta needed to remind herself of what their relationship is, and hopefully some time away from the magic man would help.
She leaned  back in her chair and fidgeted with the deck of cards she'd brought along, practicing shuffling them through her hands like Hisoka had shown her. She'd gotten much better  at it, but still nowhere near as good as he was. She should be arriving in Zaban city shortly, Bisky had texted her and told her that she'd meet her at the airport, and their training would start immediately. Kinta was grateful for that, the less time she spent dwelling on the magician, the better. But why couldn't she shake the knot of anxiety forming in her stomach from the thought of Hisoka fighting Chrollo alone? The man could certainly handle himself, hell he'd come to rescue her when Kinta couldn't handle her own fights, so why was she worried about him? Hisoka wouldn't put himself in a situation he couldn't handle, right?  
"Maybe I should have stayed-" She murmured to herself before shaking the thought out of her head. If Hisoka of all people couldn't handle Chrollo, she wouldn't stand much of a chance. But if the leader of the Phantom troupe did manage to kill her magic man, she'd hunt him down herself. "Jeez I really am whipped for that psycho." Kinta groaned.
But how could she not be? Hisoka was the only person who'd seen her for who and what she was and didn't turn his back on her. He'd taken her under his wing when she'd been unable to properly protect herself and taught her to fight on her own. He'd sheltered her, helped her grow stronger both mentally and physically, not only through rigorous training but the little things too like making sure she ate and rested properly. He'd been the first person in her life to show her any form of real affection, as twisted as it may be. But it was all in the name of growing his fruit, to help her ripen until she was ready to be plucked and devoured by him. He'd never love her, he wasn't doing this out of love, it was all for his own selfish desires. But even knowing that fact, Kinta couldn't be mad at the magician. Win or lose, she'd always be grateful to him.
"Damnit Kinta you're not supposed to be thinking about him right now." She groaned and rubbed her temples with the pads of her fingers.
The intercom dinged before a voice rang out through the crackling speakers. "We will be landing in Zaban City shortly, please collect your belongings and be ready to disembark."
"Finally." Kinta murmured as she slipped her deck of cards into a side pocket on her backpack and shrugged the pack onto her shoulders, even after all this training, she still hated waiting.
She sighed as she watched the sun set on the horizon, the orange orb disappearing behind the seemingly never-ending sea as it decorated the sky with fuchsia and red hues. Hisoka should be leaving Glam Gas land right about now. Kinta reached up and touched the golden lock on her collar, finding an odd comfort in the familiar aura shrouding the trinket.
"Please don't do anything stupid, Hisoka."
***

Hisoka
Hisoka twisted Kinta's bracelet around his wrist as he glared at his own reflection in the window of the airship, the sky was bright red as the sun set behind the horizon. Why did he feel so out of place without her by his side? Naked even. Had he really become that accustomed to having her with him?
"What's wrong with you~?" He muttered at his reflection, as if he could see a physical reason for the emotions swirling in his head.
Since when did the Grim Reaper need to have his pet by his side? He sighed heavily as he ran a hand through his hair. Perhaps some time away from her would be for the best and the chance to fight one of his most promising toys should clear his head of these pesky emotions. The thought of finally taking Chrollo down sent shivers of excitement down his spine, he'd wanted to fight the man for so long, he'd been working for years for this fight. The simple thought of fighting him made Hisoka hard. Yes, this is what he needed, a good fight with a strong opponent to remind him of who-  and what- he was. The infamous Grim Reaper, collecting and destroying souls for the sake of his own gratification. His selfish desires were the only thing that drove him, watching his fruits ripen until he was ready to devour them. Hisoka had no need for a pesky pet by his side, hopefully some time away from his will remind him of that.
Hisoka pulled his phone out of his pocket and smiled at the text he'd  received from Chrollo the night before.
"I'm in Meteor City. I'm tired of you breathing down my neck, let's get this fight over with."
A quiet chuckle rumbled from Hisoka's chest, his bloodlust already seeping out as he envisioned their fight, causing the passengers around him to shift uncomfortably. The sensation of pins and needles pulsed off his skin as he imagined Chrollo crumbling before him in defeat. A fight with one of his favorite toys, that's all he needed to remind himself of who he was. And when he returned to Kinta, they'd find Cody, then her father and then the magician would finally devore his sweet little fruit.