Survive

Kinta

"Would you stop hoovering?!" A loud voice over the top of her jostled Kinta awake. "You're making me nervous!"

She slowly opened her eyes, blinking a couple times as she tried to focus her sight.

"You're awake~"

Kinta turned her head as she looked up, Hisoka was standing with his arms crossed over his chest behind the couch. He watched her with a disapproving frown, his gaze cold but his expression worried.

"How are you feeling?" The other voice spoke again, Kinta looked back at her side to see Leorio kneeling next to the couch. His briefcase was open, sitting on the coffee table behind him with various medicine bottles spread out across the table.

"I-I feel fine." She furrowed her brow as she sat up on the couch.

"Hey- hey!" Leorio's eyes went wide as she did, like he didn't expect her to be able to sit up. He reached out to touch her, like he'd force her to stay laying down but his eyes glanced upwards before he thought better of it and snatched his hand back to his side.

Kinta felt one of Hisoka's hand's fall on her shoulder behind her before she could try to stand, silently telling her to stay seated as Leorio slowly shook his head at her.

"Well, you're not fine. You're actually pretty sick Kinta." Leorio sighed, sitting with his back against the coffee table and pushing his glasses up with his finger.

"What do you mean?"

"How long were you- dead- for?" He paused on the word, it must be pretty strange for him to have to ask his patient  the duration of their death.

"Four days~" Hisoka answered for her.

"Hmm." Leorio pursed his lips and sighed. "I think what happened is your body started to necrotize, now that you're alive and no longer, well, rotting- your body is treating the necrotized flesh like an infection. You probably didn't really notice that you were sick until you went and pushed yourself too hard today. These dizzy spells are your body telling you to slow the hell down, you need to take it easy!"

"Is that why I haven't been able to eat much? Because I've been sick?" Kinta cocked her head.

"Wha-" Leorio looked up at Hisoka, eyes wide and mouth slightly open. "You didn't tell me she hasn't been able to eat?!"

The magician simply shrugged, still watching Kinta with a displeased frown. It was starting to make her uneasy.

"No, No don't tell the doctor important information like that-" Leorio grumbled sarcastically as he turned and began rummaging through his briefcase again.

Kinta smiled as she watched him,  Leorio had matured quite a bit. She hadn't really taken notice in Heavens area during the battle royale, but now that she had a chance to really look at the man it was obvious that he'd gotten stronger. Maybe not so much physically, but his aura told her that he'd begun at least learning the basics of Nen.

"So you're learning nen huh?" She cocked her head at him.

Leorio turned to face her again with a surprised expression. "What- how could you tell?!"

Kinta giggled, he obviously still had a lot to learn. "Do you know you're nen type yet?"

"Yeah!" Leorio nodded, puffing up his chest and pointing his thumb at himself. "I'm-"

"Wait, wait let me try to guess!" She smiled and waved her hands in front of her face. Kinta thought about it for a moment, trying to remember all of Hisoka's personality analysis for Nen types. Her first guess would have been an enhancer due to Leorio's simple, one track mind. But he wasn't very selfish like Hisoka's analysis suggested.