Lights Out

"Man-" Kinta groaned as she entered the basement of the hotel Kurapika and Leorio had taken her to. "I was kinda hoping I'd get an excuse to fight. I wasn't expecting such a simple job." She'd seen Leorio when he'd pulled up to give them a ride to the hotel.
Kurapika wanted her to cut the power to the hotel for a couple seconds right at 7pm sharp. She located the massive breaker box and the lever that was used in emergencies to cut power to the whole hotel. Kinta eyed the massive digital clock on the wall, it was 6:57.
Did they doubt her ability to fight? Is that why they sent her down here? No, it wasn't that. This just wasn't Kinta's fight, plain and simple. This is the only help they wanted from her. While it had been nice to see Kurapika and Leorio again, she could tell they were both weary of her. Probably because they knew she'd been spending time with Hisoka, she couldn't blame them. It would be safe to assume that any ally of Hisoka's could be an enemy of theirs.
6:58.
She'd seen the boys as she'd come through the hotel, they'd recognized her as well but smartly kept their mouths shut. Even though it had taken all of Kinta's willpower not to attack the bastards holding them hostage. She wondered which toys Hisoka valued more, the black haired man she'd learned was Chrollo- or the two boys?
Kinta sighed as she looked up at the ceiling, nausea suddenly rolled through her stomach and the room seemed to sway.
6:59.
Maybe it was a good thing they didn't have her fight, Kinta's knees suddenly felt like Jello. She palmed the wall to steady herself as the room began to spin faster and the floor seemed to buck under her feet. She fought to stay upright, she couldn't miss the 7 o'clock mark. Everybody was counting on her. She felt like she was about to lose the contents of her stomach, what the hell was going on?
7:00
Kinta groaned as she pulled the lever and sank to the floor as the room went black. She sat with her back against the wall, trying her best not to throw up or pass out. Her cheek felt like it was on fire and she could feel herself on the brink of losing consciousness.
"What the hell?" She groaned as she held her pounding head in her hands. Why was this happening? What was wrong with her?
A cold shiver went up her spine as she pulled her knees to her chest, she needed to turn the lights back on soon. Would she even have the strength to get back up?
But, just like last time, the symptoms seemed to disappear just as quickly as they'd appeared. Kinta was able to push herself to her feet and flip the switch again like she hadn't felt deathly ill just moments ago.
A buzz in her back pocket caught her attention as the lights flicked back on. She pulled out her phone to see a text from Hisoka.
"Are you back at the hotel?"
Kinta laughed at his cute star and teardrop emoji as she texted him back.
"Went on an adventure. Heading back now."
Before she'd even put her phone away she received another text from him.
"You are not supposed to be out after dark. You better be there before I get back, or you'll be punished."
"Ohh, ssccaarrryyy-" Kinta spoke in a sarcastic tone and rolled her eyes as she texted him back.
"Ohh, Kinky."
She slipped her phone into her back pocket, but it went off again just as she was leaving the basement. "How the hell does he type so fast?" She muttered as she pulled her phone out again.
"Oh sweetheart, you have no idea."
She swallowed dryly as she read the text, choosing not to respond as she slipped the phone back into her pocket. Where these butterflies in her stomach or was she nauseous again?
***
When Kinta finally got back to the room she'd decided to take a shower. She didn't even realize that her cheek had bled through the bandage until she looked in the mirror before hopping in the shower. It must have reopened while she was boxing. It stung as she pulled the bandage off her face, the cuts still didn't look any different.  After she got out Kinta slipped on a long-loose fitted shirt that went half way down her thighs and a pair of panties. When she came out of the bathroom Hisoka was sitting on the end of the bed, leaning forward so that his elbows rested on his knees. His hair was down and loose, makeup gone and he wore nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants. Kinta wondered where he'd showered. But Hisoka didn't seem to notice her, at least if he did he didn't acknowledge she was there. He looked lost in thought and a little disappointed, which was unusual for him.
"Why do you look like somebody just stomped on your puppy?" Kinta asked as she sat on the ground by his feet and looked up at him.
Hisoka glared at her for a long moment, but Kinta played koi and smiled at him until he finally sighed.
"I was looking forward to fighting somebody tonight, but as it turns out I cannot because their nen has been sealed~."
Kinta blinked. "Sealed nen?"
"Yes, only a handful of people have the power to seal other peoples' nen. And now I have to wait until he finds a nen-exorcist to fight him~." Hisoka rubbed his temples with the pads of his fingers, he actually looked a little stressed for once.
"But how long are you waiting until Gon is ready for you to 'Pluck his Fruit'?" Kinta cocked her head. "Is having to wait a little longer for this guy really that bad?"
Hisoka cocked an eyebrow at her.  "Gon is not ripe yet, this man is ripe for the picking now~.  If something happens before he gets exercised then his fruit will be ruined~"
"Ohh, I see. That does sound frustrating." Kinta furrowed her brow. "Any ideas where to find a nen-exorcist?"
"I have some ideas~." Hisoka  sighed again, his eyes traveled over her face. He seemed to notice the scraps and bruises on her face now. "What happened to you?"
Kinta grinned. "I learned how to box!"
Hisoka gave her a lazy crooked smile. "Did you now~? Was it fun~?" His hand reached out and brushed the tender scrapes on her cheek, causing Kinta to flinch.
"For a little while, but it got boring really quick." Kinta sighed. "But I think I learned a few things I can incorporate into my fighting style."
Hisoka didn't seem to be listening, he was examining her cheek. He brushed his thumb over the scrapes again, Kinta tried not to flinch but the tender skin still caused her eye to twitch slightly from the pain.
"This isn't from boxing." His voice was low. "This was from your fight with Hari wasn't it~?"
"Yeah , I think so." Kinta shrugged nonchalantly. He looked like he was about to say something else but she cut him off. "I know, it's weird they haven't healed yet. But I had it looked at and the doc said it was fine." She smiled reassuringly.
"Hmm~" Hisoka's  hand dropped away from her face, he almost looked concerned.
"So- are you done with your business now?" Kinta asked hopefully, trying to change the subject.
"For now, I'll probably have to leave again in the morning~." He sighed and looked out towards the city through their balcony window.
Kinta took in the sight of him, the moonlight cast shadows across his sharp facial features. It seemed to define the cuts of muscle across his shoulders and abdomen. She watched his chest muscles expand and contract as he sighed again, lifting a hand to run it through his loose hair. Hisoka's golden eyes seemed to glow in the dim lighting, his red hair fell around his eyes again as his hand dropped away. The man at the gym today had been handsome, but he was nothing compared to Hisoka. Kinta shifted so that she was on her knees between his legs.
Hisoka looked down at her with an amused look. "What are you doing~?"
"I think I know something that will make you feel better." Kinta purred, a blush spreading on her cheeks.
"Ohh~?"