Redemption?

Was she- really about to die? Maybe this would be better than at the hands of Asmodeus,right? Images began to flash through her head, cruel, horrible images of Asmodeus pinning her under him. The feeling of a boys cold hands gliding over her body, her gut-wrenching fear as Kinta was rendered unable to move. A sharp whip cracking across her back over and over again, how she'd counted the time between strikes so that she could tell when her punishment would be over. The image of a massive man's fist going through her lower stomach, the pain of a hole being ripped through her as he world had quickly faded to black. Her clawing at a wooden door, how her fingernails had peeled back and bleed as she sobbed and begged to be let out. The terror she'd felt as she'd ran through the forest, an explosion behind her almost knocking her off her feet as she scrambled to get away from her pursuers, their hands brushing her shoulders as she'd leapt off the cliff edge and into the icy water below.

Kinta instinctively reached up and grabbed the golden lock on her collar, blinking as her golden red hair almost whipped her in the eye as she fell. His eyes, those magical golden eyes watching her among a sea of people. The glint of mischief as he'd smiled at her for the first time. The feeling of his hands on her body, soothing all of the tender spots the cruel people had left before him. An odd calmness washed over her, closing her eyes as she tightened her grip on the lock. No- she wouldn't die, he always came when she needed him most.

"HISOKA!!" His name ripped from Kinta's throat as she fell.

She kept her eyes closed, too afraid to open them and watch the world wiz by her. Knowing the hard ground was rapidly approaching and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Could Hisoka even save her? She knew he was close, just like she could sense the strangers following her earlier, Kinta could feel the magician's presence close by. In fact, she could even feel him drawing closer to her, despite her keeping her eyes tightly shut.

Kinta felt a hand wrap around her arm before she was roughly pulled upwards. Crashing into Hisoka's chest as she finally opened her eyes. He rolled so that his back was to the  ground, tucking her against his chest as he flung a hand out, connecting his bungee gum to the side of the tower. Hisoka grunted as their momentum slowed, veins popping out along his arms as he strained to try and stop them. They were still rapidly approaching the ground despite his efforts to stop them, Kinta quickly realized with horror that by the time the magician had caught her, they were too close to the ground for them to stop. The best he could do was slow them down.

"Damn~" the magician cursed under his breath, tightening his hold on her with his other arm just before they both slammed into the ground.

Kinta griminced as she felt his ribs crack under her, the breath being knocked out of him as Hisoka's body arched with pain and he gasped for air. But he didn't let go of her.

"H-Hisoka?" Kinta pulled away from him when she felt warmth under her hands. Blood was soaking through his shirt, the impact had reopened his wound.

Hisoka blinked, inhaling painfully before quickly rolling so that he was on one knee with Kinta still tucked protectively against him.

"Are you okay~?" His voice was raspy with pain. But he blinked as he looked down at her, his fingers briefly grazing her cheek before coming away with blood.

"Am I ok?! Hisoka, you're bleeding!" Kinta exclaimed, her anxiety growing as she watched more blood ooze through his white shirt.

"I'm fine~" Hisoka looked up, his eyes narrowing as he finally got to his feet and pushed Kinta behind him. "Kinta, you need to run~"

"W-what?! No! You're hurt!" Her eyes flicked to where Hisoka was tensely watching a small group of strangers rush out of the exit. Straight towards them. "You can't fight in this condition!"