Trauma

Hisoka
Hisoka watched a pair of golden eyes slowly disappear into a massive hole in the ground. His father's hoarse voice rang through his head as he watched the man's body be lowered into the ground.
"I'm sorry I have to leave you, son."
He listened to his mother's wails numbly, the cold rain soaked through his hair and clothes as he stared down into the pit. Hisoka's stomach twisted into knots as men started throwing dirt over his father's Corpse, covering up his golden eyes.
"Don't leave me~" Tears stung his eyes as he sunk to his knees on the edge of the grave.
The ground seemed to give away from under him and suddenly, Hisoka was falling. He hit the stone flooring hard, pain wracked his body as he righted himself. He looked down at his body, he was so small. His child body was covered in bruises and cuts, his clothes stained and tattered. His skin pulled too tightly over his body, ribs and hip bones protrude against the skin through the holes in his clothes.
"I have to leave you for now." His mother's voice trailed down to him as he looked up into her sad hazel eyes. Her red hair whipped around her in the wind as a strange man pulled her against him. "I'll come back, and when I do we'll have money for food okay? But I have to leave now-"
"Don't leave me!" Hisoka wailed, reaching his tiny hands out to grab his mother.
But she was already drifting away, just out of his reach as Hisoka chased after her. Just as it felt like he might catch up, a pair of strong hands grabbed his shoulders and roughly threw his frail body to the ground.
"What do we have here boys?" A gruff voice reached his ears. "Scrawny little thing, what are you doing out here all by yourself?"
Hisoka felt a foot on his back, crushing him into the stone walkway.
"Obviously nobody wants you. I bet I could find a use for you." The masculine voice huffed just as a foot connected with Hisoka's face.
He cried out in pain, his young voice sounded so high pitched.
"Come on." The gruff man started dragging him away.
"I'm leaving, son." Hisoka's father's voice drifted through his head.
"No! Come back!" The small boy flailed against the strong hands that held him.
"I have to go now-" His mother's voice called.
"No! No! Don't leave me!" He screamed, hot tears now streaming down his face.
The mans hold on his shoulders tightened as he struggled. "No! Let me go! Let go of me!" 
"Hisoka-" A gentle voice suddenly called to him. "Hisoka?"
He felt a hand tenderly caress his face. "It's okay, Hisoka?"
Hisoka woke with a loud gasp, he felt a pair of hands wrapped tightly around his shoulders around him and reacted before he could think. In a moment he had his assailant pinned under him, a hand wrapped tightly around their throat as his fear-fueled bloodlust crashed over him. A card appeared in his hand, ready to slice his captor to ribbons as he rocked his hand back.
"Hisoka-" A raspy voice called to him as a small, soft hand gently touched his cheek.
The magician blinked, his eyes finally focusing out of his nightmare as he took in the sight before him. It wasn't the man who'd kidnapped him that he held under him, a pair of green eyes stared back at him, golden-red locks twisted around his hand.
But his fear had sunk its claws in deep, he barely registered that it was Kinta who he held under him. His mind still fogged by the nightmare as he drew a few ragged breaths, his hand quivered at his side, ready to attack if she made a wrong move. It wasn't until her hand began to slide away from his face, her lips starting to turn blue as her eyes fluttered, that Hisoka finally realized what he was doing.
"Kinta~" He said her name in a ragged breath and he released her neck.
He sat back as Kinta inhaled sharply, coughed a couple times as she gasped for air. The look she'd just given him, Hisoka had been ready to kill her just now. He almost had, and still- there had been no fear or hatred in her eyes.
"What were you thinking?!" He suddenly exclaimed, getting right in her face again but being careful not to touch her. "You should have attacked me, I almost killed you!"
Kinta blinked a few times,tears in her eyes from how hard he'd held her neck, as her breath finally steadied. "Why would I do that?" Her voice was raspy as her hand came up to rub her bruised neck.
"You should have defended yourself~" His eyes fell to her neck, why did he feel so guilty all of a sudden?
"Hisoka-" Kinta leaned towards him but the magician shifted away from her touch. "You were scared. If I'd hurt you, it only would have made it worse."
"I wasn't scared~" Hisoka lied as he shoved a hand through his hair and stood from the bed, what the hell was with that look on her face? Why did Kinta look so sad? "Just~ startled."
She watched him for a long moment, her eyes traveling over his face, like she was searching for something.
A small smile finally crept over her lips. "Of course not. You're too strong to be scared of anything." 
Hisoka sighed heavily, tiredly running a hand through his hair as he eyed her neck. She was going to have a deep bruise for a while. "Are you okay~?" His hand reached out to gently trace the lines of the bruise, you could see the indent of each of his fingers. He really could have accidentally killed her just now.
"I'm okay." Kinta smiled at him reassuringly, but the sad look never left her eyes.
Hisoka tore his gaze away from her, he couldn't keep looking at those sad eyes. What the hell was going on? Why had he had a nightmare? He hadn't had one of those in years, so why now? And why did Kinta look so damn sad?
"I'm~ going to take a shower." He rubbed the back of his neck as he moved towards the restroom, feeling the sticky sweat there from a combination of their time together and his nightmare.
"Okay-" Kinta's voice wavered slightly, causing Hisoka to turn back around. Her fingers still traced the lines of the bruise on her neck, maybe he had scared her. The thought only caused his stomach to knot even more with guilt.
"Are you~ really okay~?" Hisoka hated that he'd hurt her accidently, he was angry at himself for losing control. Even if it was only for a moment.
"It's okay Hisoka, I'm fine." Kinta smiled at him again. "Go relax." She motioned her hand towards the restroom.
Hisoka looked at her for a long moment, there still wasn't any fear in her eyes. But her sadness was almost palpable, he could even feel it in her aura. She should be scared, or at least angry at him. Why the hell was his pet so sad? Kinta simply leveled her gaze and smiled at him, she hid her pain well. If he didn't know her so well, Hisoka probably wouldn't be able to see the pain in her eyes.
But it was obvious she wasn't going to talk about it, so he reluctantly drug his gaze away from her emerald green eyes and headed for the shower.