I. The Dare

Cone and Ash sat against the foot of the bed, just like old days, sucking on lollipops until their teeth were stained with color and their eyes were drained of energy. Cone whined as she grabbed the last lollipop and popped it inside her mouth. Ash grinned and taunted him by smacking her lips over it. 

"Conan, truth or dare?" She asked. 

Conan thought for a second. The last time they had played this game, they were in ninth grade. It had ended with him getting his teeth stained blue with ink.

"Dare." He said, confidently. There was no big event coming up in his schedule and he would probably be holed up in his apartment anyways. And truth? God, he always hated it because no one would ever be truthful.

"I dare you," Ashley said, slowly, thinking it through, "To take a dare from your fans."

"No, I have seen the meme pages and they're like little-They'll end me," he said. He had read fanfiction online and he knew they wouldn't go soft on him. "Bu-"

"No butts, Cone," she said decisively, waving around her hands. Conan felt like he was falling through a spiral. 

"I can't do them all, Ash." He said, crossly and then rolled his eyes.

"You can't." Ash said, licking the lollipop and convulsing a little. "Choose the most upvoted one, Gray. Post it on twitter."

"Ash-" He protested. He should known she would come up with an answer. She was Ashley, his best friend. You have a problem, she has a fucking answer. There was no way she was gonna let it go. Besides, he wouldn't be risking his life or something, right? That comment would never be upvoted. Even if it were, hypothetically, he would never do it and that would be understandable. What could they ask him to do, at the most? A new song. A teaser. They were his fans, they would never breakthrough his privacy. They would always want the best for him. 

"Okay," He quickly said, "I will do it."

"Yay!" She said and clapped her hands, pulling him into a hug. "Cone, you a whiny bitch, but you my bitch."

"The feeling is mutual, Ash." He laughed and choked in her grip. "So, do I tweet now?"

"If you wish." She said, nonchalantly and let him go. 

"Now, you care for my feelings, you narcissist." He murmured and grabbed his phone. He opened his twitter and began typing.

Hey guys, girls and non-binaries! I will doing the most upvoted dare under this tweet. So commence your shitting right now.

-Cone

When he posted it, he immediately felt stupid. Twitter Cone was at it again. It would mean nothing to delete it now, he had gotten a hundred likes already. Some had probably screen-shotted it. 

"I did it." He said and showed Ashley. 

"I will directly see the results." She said. "I need the bathroom."

"All yours, Ma'am."

************

Reach out to Heather!

commented at 9:57 PM 

867.3 K Likes