XIV. The Punches We Regret But Not Really

Author's Note: Short chapter. I am sorry.

"I am sorry, if I got you into trouble," the amber eyed boy said, quietly, "I had forgotten cheque because of your-um-our deep man talk," he continued awkwardly, "I couldn't-I am so sorry, Conan. I-"

"It's okay," the curly haired boy replied, silencing the other boy's rambling, "I-It's fine. I would have hit him sooner or later."

"I am not a violent person," the boy continued, a little dazed by Conan's pronouncement, "I-"

"Couldn't stop yourself? Trust me, I understand. He is a dick. He lies on the extreme end of dickiness. No spectrum for him."

"Yeah," he said meekly, clutching the arm rests of the chair, almost scratching on it out of agitation, "I feel so bad."

"I don't," Conan said harshly. An unbreakable silence settled between the two.

"Every time he comes up," Conan said, making a violent gesture in the air, "I feel like strangling him to the point he can't even breathe anymore and- and just-"

Heathcliff suddenly started laughing, a deep and throaty grumble erupting from his chest. He caught Conan's eyes who was looking at him with bemusement and also looked partially annoyed. 

"I am sorry," Heathcliff said between hysterics, "It's just that you have no regrets about hitting him and it-it reminds me of someone, my best friend Limca."

"Does that mean we are best friends?" Conan said, a smile playing at his lips. He felt his chest squirming with delight and a low burn resisting Heather's words. 

"We could be, Conan Lee Gray," the boy said, a sad glow in his amber eyes that, for some reason made Conan blush a light red. 

"Seven O'clock, my place," Conan said, snapping his fingers, "Don't be late."

**********