X. You Never Tried

Author's Note: I just wanna give you all a little more because this story is not my main one. So, uploads are inconsistent. I will try to upload at least, one chapter a week. Also, thanks for hundred reads! 

Fact Check: #1 The dress was amazing

                         #2 Conan wanted to wear the dress to his wedding and marry it at the same time.

                         #3 He wanted to kiss Heathcliff for making it amazing.

The last one, he would never admit out loud. It was a nice little thought in the corner of his mind that he would deny. 

The dress was absolute perfection. A brown(almost black) blazer with string fashioned through the seams, edges, kind of everywhere but so intricately made and designed. The short brown tank top and the lace scarf around it was like a cherry on top, complimenting every fucking goddamn thing. 

Throughout his life, he had enjoyed wearing loose clothes and the dress was perfect for it. It was loose, flowy and airy. The smoothness of the cloth, it's thick yet airy feel made him want to melt inside it. He wanted to wear it forever and ever. He wanted to wear this dress as his skin forever. 

Karla

Karla: did u like it?

Conan: How could i not? excuse me

Karla: i am glad u did cuz it would be weird to shove u into it

Conan: can i buy it? plzzzzzz

Karla: its heath's school project too. he pulled four all-nighters for this.

Conan: :0 but can i buy it? after he submits it to his professor

Karla: ask him conan

Conan: could u ask for me

Karla: my daughter is crying, my wife is at work, there is dirty laundry, social media campaigns for the song, record labels r calling, so no

Conan: plzz

Karla: conan he is from georgetown. he is ur texan buddy. u can ask him. i dont get what the fuss is about

Conan: whatever 

Karla: sugar dont guilt me into it T_T

Conan: i will not *cackles evily*

"Hey, Alina." Young Conan blushed a little as the girl passed by. She stopped, turning to face him with that bittersweet smile of hers. A part of him went numb for a few seconds, as he felt her scanning him. He slammed his locker shut, creating a racket in the hallway. That stunt earned him a few sour looks from passerbys. Alina winced slightly but weaved that smile onto her face again. 

"Hey, Conan." She said, shuffling her textbooks and placing them a certain order. "That math test was crazy ,wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it was." He admitted. He hadn't done well but he hoped his art work would make up for that lousy grade. "I am glad it's over."

"So glad," She giggled and made his insides jump. "I want to punch the teacher. I have cramps on my hand now."

Conan would suggest to massage them for her but that would be too weird and he would give away the fact that he...It was this thing inside him, his feelings would always bubble but he would press them from the fear of rejection. He couldn't be forward with anyone. 

Suddenly he felt angry, angry because Heathcliff was passing by. Alina's gaze travelled all over him, marking spots. If looks could love, those were the ones. She never once looked at him like that. He wanted to murder Heathcliff. His whole, olive toned skin, beautiful amber eyes that sparkled with joy and the casual demeanor. He wanted it all gone. Finished.

"Hey, Heathcliff!" Alina said, looking straight at him. "I-Hey.."

"Hey, Allie!" He said cheerfully, grinning widely and the light practically shining off his gleaming teeth. "How are you?"

Heathcliff was nice to everyone, it was taking a liberty, to think he liked you.

 He gives away smiles all the time, you aren't that special, Conan wanted to shout. Me on the other hand, I don't smile like I do, at anyone but you. Well, that rhymed.

"I am fine." She said, gazing at him adoringly.  "Though need help with chem homework."

Conan felt invisible suddenly. He felt like he was a ghost who could only watch them talk like best friends. Every time that boy walked by, he felt insecure, thinking he could never be as good as him. He had no rational reason to fucking hate him but in the end that jealousy always twisted his chest and made him go crazy. 

"Oh," Heathcliff sounded really concerned, "I am not that good with Organic Chemistry. I will try to help you though." 

His eyes suddenly shifted their course, skimming over Conan's figure. He had half hoped he would not see him and walk away, but he had. 

"Hey umm..Conan." He said the words with a cloud of doubt hovering over his lips. He didn't even know his name. 

"Hey, Charles." Conan said nonchalantly. Heathcliff gave him a partially placid look. Conan was about to suggest Alina that he could help her with her work, even though he was horrible at it but she flipped her hair and walked away. With him. 

"Later, Conan.." Alina murmured and Heathcliff stared at him innocently ,walking beside her in sync.

" Alina murmured and Heathcliff stared at him innocently ,walking beside her in sync

I will be back soon. 

Those were the last words Julian had uttered to Heathcliff in flesh. He had hugged him tightly and then just walked out the door. Heathcliff had not been worried. He was just sad that he would see him after two weeks. He was going to visit his family in Oklahoma 

"Be safe." He had yelled through the window as he had turned on the ignition. He couldn't hear Heath over the roaring engine. 

That was the last time he had seen him. The time after that had been on his phone. He was not the same. Who would be, after their body had been mauled, a glass bottle popped through their socket?