LXXXVII. Life Updates™

The next few months were rough. Heath wanted to move out of Conan's place saying that he needed space and time to think of his eating habits. He believed things would get better for him if he wouldn't feel self conscious of himself at all times. That had hurt Conan, him implying he didn't make him feel loved enough. They had a big fight about it, which ended in two days when Heath apologized. Conan had kissed him and told it wasn't his fault. He said he had acted too possessive and worrying. Heath told him he hadn't meant for it to be hurtful. That night when he told Ashley how sad he was about him moving out, she told him something he would always remember. 

"Sometimes you can't help people by being their therapist, Conan. You have to be there and that should prove to be enough."

Heath moved out next week, promising that he would sleep over at his at least once a week. Conan had told him he didn't have to. Regardless, they were always at each other's place, kissing, cuddling or getting interrupted while making out by Louis' calls. 

Heath's disorder got really bad the next few months and showed no hope of getting better. Conan tried to make him feel better by hanging around all the time. He let him take him out on dates, kissed him, watched old movies with him and made tik toks. His eating habits got normal in November. He wanted to stop taking therapy but Conan insisted he continue less often , not completely drop it. He didn't drop but called the therapist guy once in two weeks to give life updates. 

On Conan's birthday, they went to Disneyland which surprisingly Conan had never been to. Conan got dizzy on one of the rides and Heath had to hold him throughout the ride. Conan swore he hadn't faked it when he felt okay on a scarier ride. 

During the months they developed a love for polaroid photo booths and ended up having more than fifty pictures(granted some of the intial ones were shitty). Conan later made an entire album of them, much to Heath's happiness who had though he had lost them all. 

Around the same time, all of Conan's friends came to LA. Heath had never really known them in school except for Caroline. She met some girl in LA and she literally moved in with her after two weeks of dating. Gus and Ashley broke up during the same period, agreeing that whatever they felt was fading and they were better off as friends. Something told Conan that Gus still liked Ashley and Ashley still liked Gus. Sometimes, friends should remain friends. 

Lim figured out her romantic orientation, frayromantic, by early November

Lim figured out her romantic orientation, frayromantic, by early November. Coming to terms with it was hard and she felt ashamed of trying to prove it wrong. They came out with new pronouns too. She/they. 

Heath was very supportive when it came to the pronoun change, using they as much as he could. They told Heath that they'd felt new pronouns would be too much for other people to follow. He had hugged and told her, she was not too much and anyone who though so was dumb. Conan, Chaima and everyone around them was extremely supportive, chastening people who only used she/her. 

They didn't tell their mom about it, wanting to keep it to themselves and friends for a while. Her mom had said she would pay for her college but Lim had refused, saying they wanted to prove their Grandma wrong. She ended up working at a starbucks to keep up with daily expenses and took a student loan for the fee. Starbucks meant drinking quality coffee every morning so it wasn't completely bad that she had to wake up at four for the job. 

Grandma Lim didn't talk to her and Lim was sure she would never. She wasn't sure she even wanted to see her face. 

Seeing love all around was a little bitter but Lim would constantly remind themselves that they had Heath, Chaima and others who were her soulmates, just platonic. It was a little hard, always doubting herself, seeking validation and not believing her truth. By January she had gotten comfortable with her label and enjoying life like nothing had happened. 

Heath, Chaima and Micah baked on Micah's birthday which turned into quite a disaster after they burned Chaima's oven. Chaima had said that their oven was getting old and they didn't mind. The rest of the evening was not spent moping over the burnt oven but drinking and ordering takeout which in Lim's opinion was the greatest invention by humankind. 

Karla's life, unlike the others, got better a lot faster

Karla's life, unlike the others, got better a lot faster. Taking care of Daisy got a lot easier after she took a two month vacation with her daughter who was ecstatic that she had found time for her. Daisy's crankiness reduced as Karla realized she needed to give her more time. She had a strict schedule for week days but during weekdays she gave her daughter time. 

Her divorce got official and she was happy to see Caleb transition and be there for him. She found more muses, none which lasted, sadly. But after a long time, she could she see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

She even left Daisy with Conan and Heath one day and they ended up getting scared, saying they didn't understand how babies worked and they didn't have the least bit of knowledge on taking care of them.  

"And you two want kids together?" Karla had said, shaking her head in disgust. Heath had laughed nervously and looked at Conan. 

"But that's a baby. Babies are hard to take care of. I would want a kid," Conan had said, trying to justify his shitty skills. 

"All kids were once babies, Conan." 

The end, except not really since we have an epilogue