LXXVI. Everything I Could Have Asked For

Conan is definitely gonna break up with me. 

The store where he was supposed to pick up the printed shirt from had a length mirror. Heath didn't like how he looked at all. He was fat and too short for someone his age. His chest was too broad, his things too fat and his hips a little too broad. 

"Would you like to try it on?" the guy at the store asked, handing him the shirt as he jerked it off the hanger. He was a lean boy with sandy blond hair and nice black eyes. He looked so much better than Heath. His arms were the correct size, his height apt for someone his age and he was thin like a reed. Heath wished he looked like. If he were half as attractive as him, he would be happier. 

"No," Heath replied, scanning the print. He had picked the one with Conan kissing him and him melting because of the impact. He wondered for a split second if Conan would like the cartoon version of them. He was probably doing something, like writing a song in his bedroom or talking to his friends. 

"Is that for your boyfriend?" the boy asked, smiling sadly. Heath nodded, smiling a little. The boy smiled as if it were most adorable thing ever. 

"How did you know?" he asked, still smiling. 

"Well, it's not hard to guess," he shrugged, his shoulder length blond hair, moving like a curtain. "You've clearly drawn yourself with another guy."

"Right," Heath said, sounding stupid. 

"I think you two look really cute," he complimented. 

Not for long.  

Instead he said, "Thanks."

Conan hugged him the moment he entered

Conan hugged him the moment he entered. Heath dropped the bag he was holding to the ground. It landed with a soft thump which was not audible over the sound of Conan breathing into his hair. Heath literally felt how he had in the cartoon, melting. 

"Hi," Conan said, which had now become a customary greeting between both of them. 

"Hi," Heath smiled, not wanting to let go. 

"Do you feel okay?" he asked letting go and standing behind him covering his eyes. 

"I feel fine," he told him, shivering because of his cold touch. "I hope I don't break a bone."

Conan laughed as he pushed him a little, probably wanting him to walk. "I won't let anything happen to you."

Heath felt his heart skip a beat. God, he was so perfect, even when he said notably cheesy things. 

After what seemed like a lot of steps and quite a few turns, Conan took his hands off from his eyes. Heath had felt like they went in circles and he was correct because the room they were in was only a few feet away from the entrance. 

It was a...pillow fort? A quilt fort? No, calling it that would be an insult. It was more like an arrangement of Conan's softest quilts, all put together to make a small tent in the center of the room. Somehow he had managed to move the heavy couch alone, against the bare wall. He had also managed to sneak in quite a few candles around the place and a bunch of fairy lights on the top of the arrangement. Heath realized how warm it would be inside that place and Conan's was wearing a thin sweater too. Damn, he would be spoiled way too much. 

"I would take you outside but it's supposed to rain tonight," Conan said, admiring his work. "I thought of somewhere outside but I didn't want it to be stressful. Eating in public is not the best choice. Do you like it?"

He looked at him with hopeful eyes, his warm dark brown ones, sparkling brighter than candles. 

"This is- This- I don't even know what to say," Heath said, wanting to cry. It was too ethereal and he was sure he hadn't even taken all of it in. "I-Just wow."

Conan smiled, his upper canines exposed. "I am so glad you like it."

"Of course, I like it. It's hard not to." Conan's expression morphed into something deeper and Heath didn't know whether he had described the place or Conan himself. 

"Would you like to pick a movie?" Conan asked, smiling awkwardly.

"I don't have anything I would like to watch in particular so I am okay with anything," Heath told him. "By the way, before I forget. I got you something."

Conan smiled as if to say show me. Heath pulled the t shirt out of the bag, he had dropped near the door, the one with the cartoon of hima nd Conan. He saw him gasp in surprise when he saw the drawing. It was Conan with his curly hair, cheek kissing Heath who had closed his eyes and was melting.

"You drew this?" Conan asked, his fingers at the hem of the shirt. "I love it. This is so cute."

Heath could find himself smiling as Conan took off the shirt he was wearing and put on the one Heath had gotten him. Heath felt a little self conscious of his own torso, which was scarred with bruises from high school and fat, a little much there and a little less where he would have appreciated.

"I like this so much," Conan mumbled, his fingers on the edge of it. "I love you."

"I love you too," Heath said, hoping he didn't sound hesitant. He really liked Conan. He was one of the few things that he felt was going in a direction in his life. He didn't know when the day would come, the day Conan would decide he was too much. But he knew that he would try to hold onto him even then. He wanted to believe this relationship he had would work when  there were no odds of it surviving for long.

"Come on," Conan said, tugging at his hand that he didn't know he had grabbed. He pulled him down, his lips not leaving his neck. "You are everything I could have asked for."