III. Texting Games

Heather: Hi! I remember you.

Heather: We had Chemistry with Miss Battleman

Conan: We did. 

Conan: So..

Conan: How are you?

Heather: I am fine. Just got off of my last class. Finals in two months. Pretty hectic.

Conan: OH. I don't want to disturb you.

Heather: Nah, man. I don't mind talking.

Conan: Ooo okay.

Heather: :D. How are you? Still in college? UCLA must be great.

Conan noticed that he never used acronyms. THIS GUY IS PERFECT, he thought. DOESN'T THINK ANY EFFORT IS FUTILE?!

Conan felt a little uneasy typing that he dropped out. Not because he was ashamed but because he realized that this guy had no clue that he was talking to him because of a dare. 

Conan: I dropped out. Where are you going right now?

He wanted to change the subject pretty quick.

Heather: California State University. My uncle is a professor here and mom was concerned for me.

Conan: Concerned why?

Heather: Um

Heather: Can we talk about something else? 

Conan knew he had hit home. He wasn't a dick so he wasn't gonna press.

Conan: Sure. Can we talk about how absurd it is that we are literally in the same state and have never met? #TexanSolidarity

Heather: Weird, right?

Conan: Totally. Ashley was here yesterday. Too bad, we couldn't talk about how we want to climb on the Statue of Liberty and scream 'yeehaw!'.

Heather: Dude, I low-key spit water from my nose.

Conan: Hehe

Heather: Do you think we should meet up?

Conan hesitated a bit before answering. He was a little pleased but now Heather was kinda ruining it.

Conan: My schedule is packed so...some other time, Heather?

Heather: ? I am Heathcliff.

Conan internally winced at the slip up and quickly started typing.

Conan: My bad. Auto-correct is a b*tch.

He wasn't sure if the boy was okay with cursing.

Heather: It's okay. I thought you were texting two people at the same time. 

Conan: You only make that mistake once. 

Heather: I was texting my bf and professor at the same time once. I told my Prof. to 'lick my ass' and my bf to 'postpone my presentation' LOL.

So he does use acronyms, Conan thought. I don't know him well enough and BF?! 

Conan: That sounds tragic.

Heather: It really was. :(. Also, I forgot to say this. Ashley? The brunette who played lacrosse?

Conan: Yup.

Heather: Dang. I liked her. Not like that though. I am super into guys only.

Conan: She would have loved meeting you as well. :D

Heather: I talk to her sometimes. She always gave me her dad's legendary meatrolls

Conan: Yasss, we stan those rolls! And the meatloaf too!

Heather: I want to marry that meatloaf T_T. It was that good. 

Conan: Marry Ash then you will get the whole supply.

Heather: Tempting offer. Well I gotta bounce. Later?

Conan: Later. Bye!

Heather: Bye! :)

Even though, Conan enjoyed the chat, he would never admit it

************

Author's Note: Hey-o!