XV. Why am I so attached?

Author's Note: Conan has posted three teasers of unreleased songs!! I am sooooooo excited. Also, I apologize for the last chapter being so short. Seems like all I do is apologize lol 😫

"We should ,like, go on a road trip," Conan said, bringing Heathcliff to the DVD rack in his living room

"We should ,like, go on a road trip," Conan said, bringing Heathcliff to the DVD rack in his living room. It was a sunny day in California and the light was pouring through the long glass panes like a shower of golden pearls. Heathcliff looked extremely divine in that light, his warm brown skin glowing like the gloss over those tasty chocolates. 

Did I just compare him to food?

Heathcliff lounged himself on the couch and looked at Conan. Even the golden of irises looked particularly irdiscent today. 

"After my finals? Yes," he said, "I probably won't get an internship anywhere so I won't mind-"

"Are you crazy?!" Conan said, his high pitched dolphin voice returning, "You are so good! It will be a shame if no one hires you."

"I worked for Conan Lee Gray," he laughed, as Conan bent down to pull the drawer out. "That's gotta count for something, right?"

Conan smiled at the comment. "Which movie?"

Heathcliff crouched down beside Conan, folding his legs and peeking inside the drawer. Conan was proud of how he had organized that particular drawer. Though most of the credit went to Ashley, who had helped him set up the new apartment when he first moved in. She had classified the drawer with different sections: anime, black and white, action, fantasy and a single documentary as a gift from his mother. 

People found it weird that he still owned DVDs when he could just turn on Netflix or go to some illegal website to watch. He could but he found DVDs more aesthetically pleasing. 

"You've got Fresh Prince, Naruto and even PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!", Heathcliff said, his eyes widening like a pair of saucers. 

"The BBC version is my favorite," Conan said and Heathcliff's smile collapsed considerably. He wasn't frowning but it was clear that he felt sad. 

What kind of an idiot doesn't like the BBC version?

Conan almost gave him a very judgemental and sour look. "So, what do you wanna watch?"

"Your collection is so good that it's hard for me to decide," Heathcliff laughed sadly. 

"I think you will like," Conan murmured, his fingers skimming along the edge of the drawer, "Howl's Moving Castle!"

And so the boys watched the greatest movie(and book) of all time. Heathcliff laughed hard at certain parts and blushed a little when Conan touched his shoulder. He sniffled when he learned the characters' pasts. Conan on the other hand was watching the movie for the millionth time but still felt like it was his first time. He laughed and giggled along with Heathcliff. 

At some point of time, Conan and Heathcliff started devouring the popcorn like savages, grabbing hand-fulls and stuffing them down their own throats. 

After a while only a single popcorn was left. Both of them eyed each other first, as if it were cliche movie scene. They realized what they were thinking and then lunged like carnivores for the single kernel. Both of them rolled onto the floor, fighting for it. Since Conan was gangly and smaller than Heathcliff so he got stuck under him. 

The light pouring from the window made him feel hotter and redder by the second. Or was it the fact that he was under Heathcliff? 

"That's-" Conan started and tried to flip over him, fighting for dominance. 

"I got it first," Heathcliff laughed. Conan could stared into his irises and felt his insides turn squeamish and non existent. He stared at the boy above him like he was the only person in the world, completely forgetting that they were both in a very very fucking awkward position.

"Thank you," Heathcliff said suddenly, dropping the popcorn. Conan wanted to lunge for it but he couldn't stop staring at the boy in front of him. Heathcliff unclasped his arms which now suddenly felt cold and weird. He liked the warmness of Heathcliff's hands over his. 

He rolled over and was now beside Conan. If Conan pushed his leg, they would be touching. He wanted to but he controlled the desire. He found it too forward. What's the casual way to press someone's leg against your own after all?

Heathcliff exhaled loudly and turned to face him. They were inches apart. Conan could now see the flecks of green, brown and blue in his irises. He could see the freckles scattered across the plains of his face his face and wondered where Heathcliff got such a strong tan in the winters. 

"Thank you," he repeated. "I fun today. I felt better than I have in days."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Conan asked, his lower lip trembling. 

"Someday," Heathcliff said, his sad smile returning. "Hopefully."

The clock read two 'o clock and Conan was still awake

The clock read two 'o clock and Conan was still awake. He couldn't stop thinking about Heathcliff.

Why am I so attached?

He grabbed his phone from his side table and clicked on the most recent contact. 

She picked up after two rings. 

"What the fuck do you want so late?" Ashley sounded half-drugged and half-sleepy. Conan could almost picture her sleeping beside Keiran, her boyfriend. 

"I think I like someone."