XLVIII. People Staring

"My dad is here," Louis said, peeking out the window sadly. He waved outside and smiled. "I will ask dad about Michael too. Thank you, Conan and Conan's boyfriend."

Conan patted him on the back and the kid grabbed an eraser off his desk on his way out. Heath looked at Louis' back in confusion as if he was something that amused him yet confused him at the same time.

"Did he just take my mono eraser?" Conan asked, unsure of what he had done. 

"I think he did," Heath said non chalantly. He turned his face to look at him and smiled a little. "He is your half-brother right?"

"Yeah," Conan answered. "It may not look like it because I look a lot like my Japanese side and he takes after dad."

Heath nodded and leaned against his bed frame. Conan lied down next to him and they looked at the neon lights hanging on his ceiling like stars. It was hard for Conan to tell if they were adoring the stars or if they were adoring them. He could see the light glint of of green, red and blue in his gold eyes.

"Kids are a handful," Heath said suddenly, facing him. Conan noticed that he had a light dimple on his cheek that he had never noticed. Maybe he had and he hadn't processed it. 

"Would you ever want kids?" he asked. He tried to make it the less weird and not about only them in particular. 

"I don't know," he answered honestly, his eyes dimming to brown. "I think I would make a decent dad but I don't know."

"Decent?" Conan repeated. "You would make a great dad. You are literally daddy material."

Heath laughed at the comment, eyes glittering with a content expression on his face. "That sounded so wrong." He stopped laughing and spoke again, "Would you ever want kids?"

"Depends on the person," Conan answered, breathing in sharply as he realized how close their faces were. "Like if I am married to someone who doesn't want them, I don't think I would want them either."

Heath pressed his lips to Conan's. He could feel he warm smile on his lips spreading to his. He kissed him back passionately, his hands in his hair, pressing his face closer. Heath laughed breathlessly as Conan's hands creeped to his neck, making patterns of on the sensitive skin on his neck. 

A weak creak sounded from the opposite wall. They looked up as the door to Conan's room closed. He had seen a flash of blue sleeves meaning it was his sister who did him the favour. His mom had a habit of walking into his room without knocking and it would probably be best if they closed it. 

"I thought someone entered," Heath laughed nervously, playing with Conan's hair. He tipped his head towards him, giving him better reach. He realized that he had placed his head on his chest when he shifted under him. 

"My mom would have freaked out and started speaking in Japanese if she saw us," Conan said.

"In a good way or a bad way?"

"In a good way," Conan said lightly. He didn't really know when he told his mom that he liked boys too, it had just happened and she understood it herself. "She was annoyed when she found out about us from Alyssa and not from me."

"My mom told me everyone is talking about us," Heath said, feeling uncomfortable. "I find it weird when people just don't mind their business."

"People as in high school friends?" he asked, a little fazed. 

"The church minister, the parents, friends, bitchy people," he clarified. Heath didn't liked being publicly discussed or talked about. 

"I think that's flattering," Conan moved from his chest and got up to face him. Heath smiled a little but he could tell it was him being reluctant. "Do you want to take things slower?"

"No," he said, shouting a little, "It's-I am okay with it. I just-I don't like it when people say things or stare."

"I don't like it when they stare, either," Conan said, remembering when they were in the park and a woman stood by to stare like they were zoo animals. She didn't even try to hide that she was staring. Honestly, he found it shameless but he didn't want to tell her off. "But I like to see the look on their faces when we kiss."

"I like you so much, Conan," Heath said, "But you stare at others when we kiss?"

"I only have eyes for you," he said and Heath smiled a little. 

"Are you always this disgustingly romantic?" 

"Only with you," he said truthfully, touching his cheek and kissing him. He broke away feeling electrified. 

Heath is hot af. What if he sees my contact lists??!!

Cone: call me when u land, k?

Heath:  i will. prolly two to three hours

Cone: ahhhhhhh i already miss u n ur face so much

Heath: just a week and a half, cone

Cone: why must u remind me that? i will miss u

Heath: T_T i will miss u 2. my mom said hi

Cone: hi, miss locke. how did u birth such a glorious son?

Heath: i am not reading the second line to her

Cone: :/ 

Heath: gtg. i will call u

Cone: u better. i will miss u

Heath: the third time u have said that

Cone: doesnt make it any less true

Heath: smartass