LXXIX. You Better Not

Work was tiring. Heath didn't enjoy being assigned to random artists. Diane Kim seemed to like him so she tried to keep him on Conan's team for the most part. Still, sometimes he was mailed with arrangements for artists under some division of Republic in Australia. He would sent clips of the song and asked to come up with ideas. Everybody seemed to like him so making friends wasn't a problem in the place. They mostly bitched about co-workers or complained about pay even when it was good. Really good. Being paid five figures first year out of college? No one should complain about it. The best thing? There was no freaking dress code. No one cared what you wore or how you wore it as long as you didn't come naked. 

He got home fast, leaving some rough designs and other sketches on the in-charge's desk, feeling a little accomplished. 

"It's cold," Conan said the moment he entered. He handed him a sweater, the one from last night. On his wrist was the bracelet from the day before, glinting sharply under the many lights. 

Heath put on the sweater, feeling a little better and warmer. Conan's phone buzzed. The caller ID flashed with Louis' name. 

"Hello Conan!" he said cheerfully. "Hello Conan's boyfriend!"

"You're not gonna ask me for money, right?" Conan smiled and Louis shook his head. 

"I just wanted to say hi," he said innocently and turned his head back at Heath. "H-Oh, wait, Michael's calling me. Bye!"

"That was random," Heath spoke, his brows knitted in confusion. 

"He told me Michael wanted to rail him last week," Conan said randomly. "Isn't he a little too young for that?"

"Ninth grade right?" Heath asked, needing confirmation. "I think so."

"I don't even understand that kid anymore," Conan shook his head as Heath shrugged on the sweater. "How was work?"

Conan cuddled with Heath on the couch, one of arms thrown around his shoulders and the other around his waist. Heath shivered under his touch even though it made it made him feel warm. That was Conan in a nutshell, a little scary because he saw right through him and helpful and lovable at the same time. 

"Tiring but fun," Heath said honestly. "How was your day?"

"I didn't keep track, I was thinking about you," said Conan and Heath smiled. "Was that too cringey?"

"My toes curled," he said, his laugh echoing in his own ears. "I love you."

"I love you too, Charles," he said, kissing the back of his neck. Heath squirmed and Conan Gray stopped. 

"I am sorry if that made you uncomfortable," said Conan and Heath felt sad. 

"No, it was okay. I am just not used to it yet."

"Your boyfriend is hot, Heath," said Chaima as they saw Conan wave at him

Heath didn't feel jealous or annoyed but felt a rush of pleasure that they liked as much he did.