VIII. Still You

Conan Lee Gray didn't want to talk to Heather. It had gotten all awkward, with him trying to confront him. Heather, Heather, Heather...

He was so perfect. He didn't pressure the confrontation on him. Rather, he smoothly let that slide in. The question slid slyly into their conversation that he couldn't believe his eyes. 

Conan threw the cup in the bin and continued scouring the internet for a designer. It had been a while and he still wasn't able to help Karla. Sighing internally, he set his eyes down on his desk. He received a text. 

Karla

Karla: Ayo!

Conan: U r cheerful today

Karla: I found us a designer!

Conan: tf

Karla: IKR! He studies at California State University.

Conan: Cool. When will he come over?

Karla: He is down with something. In three to four days.

Conan: Can we wait that long?

Karla: He is worth waiting for. He is a quick worker so he will by to take ur measurements, k?

Conan: Cool. Can u send me the single's cd cover?

Karla: Check ur email lazy head

Conan: K, mom

Karla: stfu. ur apartment better be clean when he comes by.

Conan: Why????

Karla: i dont't want him to see dirty underwear

Conan: jeez woman okay. dont roast my ass

 dont roast my ass

Conan chuckled to himself. Damn, Karla and her perfectionism. She wanted the best for him, she was sort of like his elder sister but she could be a little dominant and pushy. During last Summer, she married her long term girlfriend and adopted a baby last month. Conan still hadn't met her wife but he was pretty goddamn sure that the woman had to be angelic and tolerant if she was putting up with Karla. Or they were both perfectionists, or, Karla had a soft spot for her. He still wasn't sure about it. 

At least his problem of the dress had been solved. He was a little disappointed, though, that he couldn't help Karla much. There was something about her that fascinated him and made him want to show her that he wasn't the kid she knew anymore. He was better than that, better than a kid who was nervous and giddy to talk to record label people. He was more than that. 

He remembered that the first time Karla had called him, she had confidence on him, even when he didn't. She even talked to his mom and promised to take care of him in LA. She had always acted like an elder sister to him. 

No matter how much he whined about him, he would always run back to her when he needed things done. 

Ashhhh

Ashhhh: Girlfriend!

Conan: Yes, gf?

Ashhhh: Have u se-texted Heathcliff?

Conan: Neat n yes

Ashhhh: good. gotta go. call Mama Gray. she loves u bitch