XXII. You Don't Need To Talk

Author's Note: The story won't make sense for a while since they will roam to weird places but bear with me. There is a reason.

"You are the only one who didn't tell me to get over it but to tell me it was okay to be sad and that I would heal someday," Heathcliff murmured, inhaling the scent of the strawberry shampoo in the boy's hair

"You are the only one who didn't tell me to get over it but to tell me it was okay to be sad and that I would heal someday," Heathcliff murmured, inhaling the scent of the strawberry shampoo in the boy's hair. "You don't know how much I needed that."

"I-" Conan said and stopped himself. He hugged him back, his arms weaving around his torso. His stomach was giddy with the flapping of butterflies. Sometimes you don't need to talk, he thought. All you need is a big old hug. 

"Thanks for saying that, Conan," Heathcliff whispered. Conan could feel the warmth of the boy seeping into him. "You don't know how badly I needed to hear that."

Was it something Jules would have said? Do i remind you of him?

"Sssh," he said, patting his sleek brown hair, pushing those questions out of his mind. "I am here."

"I know your coffee tastes great," Heath explained, a little shy and wary

"I know your coffee tastes great," Heath explained, a little shy and wary. "But this place sells elite tier coffee."

"Is it so?" Conan mumbled, faking an annoyed expression. 

They were on a ferry on a hot afternoon. Conan had always assumed he would get seasick on a boat and be throwing up the second he got on. Oddly enough, he didn't. He did feel a little squirmy and his stomach twisted once in a while but it was weighed out by the beautiful view. 

He breathed in the breeze, smiling to himself as the coldness seeped through his curly hair. He looked down the edge to peek at the crystal clear blur water and the bubbles orignating because of the motor of the ship. Not many people were on their ferry that day. Those that were did not recognize him at all. It was palliative to think that no one would chase him through crowds and he could finally feel like a normal person.

"It's such a good day, isn't it?" Heath said, standing right next to him. The other boy felt confused as to what was causing his heartbeat to increase: the by next to him or the fact that the boat was increasing it's speed.