LXIV. Cut Your Hair

"I swear to god if you move once more, I will tie you up with tape," Conan said, jabbing his drawing pencil at him. They had decided not to go out and stay in Micah and Heath's apartment. Heath grinned, provoked. He pressed a kiss on his lips and Conan was taken by surprise. He couldn't register the feeling, it was short and quick. 

"That's the only thing you're allowed to move for," he coughed, looking at his sketch. He had only been able to complete Heath's eyes and a couple others features of his face. He couldn't stay in one position for more than a minute. He had suggested he take a picture but Conan insisted that his drawing looked better this way. 

"How long is it gonna take?" Heath asked, feeling bored. 

"I am done," Conan said, taking out his phone and clicking a picture. "Don't blame me when it doesn't turn out so good." He showed him the picture, Heath sitting on his living room couch and smiling as if he'd seen something really amusing a second before. "This will double as my phone wallpaper."

"Ugh, it's not that good," Heath said. 

"I love how the light hits your face in this. Brings out your eyes."

"I know I am pretty," Heath smiled, as Conan sat down next to him. "I meant you're a terrible photographer." 

"Shut up, pretty boy," Conan said with a sense of deja vu, "And I am a wonderful photographer."

Conan brushed his lips across his, hoping he wouldn't break away quickly. Heath didn't but kissed him back lightly, barely doing anything at all. It was like kissing air with the briefest speck of contact with skin. Heath's hand was on his neck, suddenly and he was closing the distance between them. Conan's heart fluttered and he almost couldn't believe he was kissing the boy. He was kissing the boy he once wished dead. He hated himself a little for wanting Heath dead once. 

His mind too into being closer to him, he pulled up the hem of his shirt, fiddling with it at first. Heath breathed in sharply and broke away, pulling his shirt of over his head. 

Heath was breathtaking. Not packed with muscle or strong looking but delicate and soft. Maybe a little too delicate because he looked really underweight for someone his age.  His chest had a few scars. The curly haired boy wanted to kiss each one of them as the other narrated the story behind them. 

"I guess it's-" he said said, self consciously, looking at how weak he looked. 

"You're beautiful, Heath," he told him and the other exhaled in relief but still not entirely convinced. Conan kissed him again, before he could say anything, his hands lingering on his waist. Heath touched his cheek, his fingertips looking bluish in Conan's peripheral vision.

"Hey, Conan," he said, suddenly breaking away to his disappointment. He was breathing heavily. Conan wasn't sure if it was because of what he was going to say or from them making out.  "It might be too early and overwhelming to hear this but-I think, I think I am in love with you."

I am in love with you. 

Conan felt his own racing heart deafen when the other said those words. Heath looked away self consciously when he said nothing. How could he say anything? He didn't believe it was real. 

Conan turned his head towards him. "I am in love with you too."

"WHAT IN CHRIST'S NAME IS GOING ON HERE?!" 

They both turned their heads in embarrassment to face an old woman accompanied by a middle aged who looked a lot like she could be Micah's mother. Yikes, maybe she was Micah's mother. The old woman was burning holes in their eyes and Conan jerked away from Heath, regretting it. The middle aged, olive skinned woman looked kind and was looking at them with a sorrowful look. She shook her head in disbelief though it wasn't clear what that reaction was for.  

"I-I am so sorry," Heath said pulling his shirt from the ground. "Hey, Mrs. Lim."

"I am going to smack you both with my umbrella after I find my granddaughter, whom I am also going to smack," she said, disgusted. "Two young men should be sharing visions for the future, not get-get intimate with each other." Her eyes jerked away from Heath to Conan, once the other was clothed. "And you! When do you plan on cutting your hair?"

Conan touched the fluffy mass of black curls over his head and widened his eyes as he spoke, "Never."

That drove the old woman over the edge because her face turned redder. No offence to Micah but he really wanted to smack the woman, whatever she was to her, for intruding and bossing them around. It was an important moment in their relationship she had just barged in on. 

Heath pulled him back. Conan was grateful to be in his touch again. 

"Don't," he whispered and Conan could feel all his courage melting. "We will leave. Thanks, Mrs. Lim."

Once they were outside the door which was slammed over their faces, they heard the noises. 

"Why was that boy in your apartment?!" the old woman seemed to be shouting. Her voice was cut off by the middle aged woman who spoke softly as if that bitch were her mother. 

"Mama stop," she said. 

"I told you not to be around him," the old woman said, angrily. "Wait-WERE YOU BEING INTIMATE WITH TWO BOYS? If you can call them boys, really. One with girl's hair and the other a complete sinner and disappointment. You can't even keep one around and now you're going for two? MICAH, I am so disappointed in you right now."

"They are my friends," Micah said and Conan could have sworn she sounded like she was crying. "Why can't you just understand that?"

Conan heard Heath sigh and slump his head against his shoulder.