LXXXVI. One Is Enough

Author's Note: I have another fanfic idea: Conan likes a girl called Mae but they have nothing in common. To get to her, he decides to ask out her twin brother, Riley. But dating Riley, just to get their sibling is not really a good strategy when he starts to fall for Riley too. 

Riley really likes Conan but he has always been awkward around him. When the school cutie, suddenly starts showing interest in him, he is ecstatic. They don't care if Conan doesn't show as much affection as they expected him to and only wants to have dates at his house. With his fucked up family. Does it matter? He must like him..

Let me know what you think of this besties <3

Alsoooo, short chapter. I am sorry. 

"I like a happily ever after," Heath murmured as Conan closed the book and put it down

"Happily ever afters are boring," said Conan. "It means it's the end."

Heath gave him a soft, almost pitying look. "Then what do you like?" 

"I don't know," he said truthfully, looking at some dad who caught his child in the air. "I guess, I like it when things are eternal."

"Few things are eternal," said Heath as he got up from his lap, sitting straight. His hair gotten messed up in a few places, sticking out oddly. There was a lime green leaf in his hair, not odd for the weather but odd that it had somehow made it's way into his hair. "Please don't say something cheesy like, but my love for you is eternal."

"I wasn't." Conan laughed. "But now I will. Young love may not last for life but my love for you will last for eternity."

"That's cheesy but sweet and promising," Heath said, turning crimson. "Young love may not last for life but my love for you will last for eternity." He looked at him with a loving expression. "How do you come up with these things?"

"I just look at you and say what's on my mind," Conan said honestly. "Right now, I want to tell you there's a leaf in your hair."

Conan leaned in, his hand drawn out. 

"That's gotten old," Heath said, grabbing his wrist in mid air. He slipped his hand into his and laughed. 

"No seriously," Conan said, using his free hand. "There is a leaf."

"If you want to kiss me, just say so." Heath smiled, tipping towards him. Conan felt his brush across his softly before he properly kissed him. It lasted for a few seconds, the fleeting feeling, when he felt him pull him down.

What just happened?

A frisbee whizzed over him. His heart hammered as he realized he was still kissing him back passionately. His head spiraled into euphoria and Heath broke away, his entire face flushed red. Conan almost kissed him again but suddenly realized they were in public. A boy on a bench seemed to be enjoying the show of watching them almost make out. 

"Frisbee," Heath murmured and Conan painfully tore himself away from him. 

"A leaf," Conan said, drawing it out of his hair and throwing it away.

After an almost make out session, they were in Conan's car again. Somehow their bodies communicated before they did and they established that kissing was mandatory. Heath kissed him first, closing the space as he leaned over the gear of the car. Conan put his hand on his chest, almost clinging onto him as he pulled him closer. 

"I think we'll get a parking ticket if we don't leave," Heath murmured against his lips. Conan jerked his head to the side to see a traffic cop approaching them as he shook his head. 

Conan turned on the ignition and they left before the cop could have said or done anything. 

"I forgot to tell you earlier," Heath said, pushing back his dark hair that had grown so much. "I got my ear pierced."

Conan looked at the small green leaf earring in his left ear, barely noticeable. 

"That looks really good on you," Conan said, smiling. "When did you get it done?"

"This morning," he answered. "I couldn't get the second one done."

"Do you want to get it done now?" he asked, tapping on the steering. 

"No, one is enough."