XLIV. Then Do It Right Now

Then do it right now.

Conan's ears echoed with the words all over again, till he was drowning in them. How long had he waited for the words? How many weeks and failed attempts had it taken?

He was still holding the other by the waist, his fingers looped through the other's belt loops. Heath hadn't left him either. He was slightly taller than him and staring at his face, waiting for an answer.

"I-What?" Conan said, putting his surprise to words.

"I said do it right now," he said, smiling at him. All the sleep in them had evaporated and all he could see was him.

Conan hesitated a little but then leaned in, tipping himself forward. Heath came closer too, closing any space between them. Their lips brushed against each other first, tracing the scars and map over them. It was the lightest and briefest of kisses. Conan felt his insides evaporate and be replaced by what he thought was electricity. Their noses almost collided, their tips pressing. Heath tilted his head to catch his lips again. All the butterflies that were previously fluttering around, they had now found a way to burst through his stomach. A swarm of them were rushing outside, mercilessly flapping away. Conan deepened the kiss, leaning in. Their lips moved against each other like two dancers that understood each other's next moves. Conan nibbled at his lower lips and Heath groaned. It continued for a while, kissing, breaking away and kissing again.

Conan didn't think he would ever get tired of kissing Heath. It came naturally, like a song or a tune that just popped in.

"Heath?" Janet Locke's voice rung out and they both broke away suddenly. She was standing at the door, blushing and smiling shyly. "I wanted to say dinner was ready. But you seem...occupied."

Conan's face burned and he could see Heath turn a dark shade of red. He was looking at his mom with a little bit of weariness. She shrugged and went inside but not before giving him a thumbs up.

"Your mom-" Conan began.

"Is a little overindulgent," Heath finished, looking at him. He smiled nervously, staring at his face, probably wondering what they should do next.

"You want to go somewhere?" he asked suddenly. It was eight and they were both adults. Sometimes in the company of mothers, he forgot that.

"I know a place," he grinned. "Can I kiss you again though?"

Conan blushed at the thought of it. He couldn't wait to kiss him again and again. He honestly didn't want to stop. Ever. Is this what he was missing out on? It seemed like such a waste of his twenty two years.

"Any time you want," he said and leaned up a little to press a light peck on his lips.

They eventually stopped at the usual café. The store manager didn't seem to care that two boys were coming right in fifteen minutes before closing. He was small mousy old middle aged man with a sour attitude.

"As long as you tip, I don't care how long you stay."

Seeking confirmation, they both settled at the corner booth, away from the manager's prying eyes. It almost worked like a love-seat, considering how small it was. Conan laughed breathlessly as Heath pulled him against himself and kissed him again.

"You like me, right?" Conan asked, breaking away.

"Wasn't that established by the three times we kissed?" he said, rolling his eyes. He took his hands in his and weaved their fingers. "I like you a lot. I believed you would never like me back."