XLV. Another Leaf

Ashhhh the girl who started it all

Conan: ASHLEY YOU MF I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT THANK YOU 

Ashhhh: the real question is if you're freaking out in a good way or a bad way

Conan: in a good way I DID IT WE KISSED 

Conan: WE KISSED 

Ashhhh: finally cone gets some. he is ur bf now?

Conan: we havent talked about that 

Conan: BUT U R MISSING THE POINT WE KISSED

Ashhhh: lol i am happy for u girlfriend. u have been simping for so long

Conan: IK!!!! and i have a not really a date date tomorrow!!!

Ashhhh: omfg. how did it happen? tell me everything

Conan: i want to tell u in person. come through my window

Ashhhh: yeah about that. i am gus' place 

Conan: okay make pretty babies. 

Conan: name one of them conan

Ashhhh: i will never name my kid after u

Conan: yeah the world isnt ready for another amazing conan

Conan's mom stopped him before he could outside, nine in the morning

Conan's mom stopped him before he could outside, nine in the morning. He was carrying a picnic basket packed with food, an old bedsheet and Heath's favourite comfort book. 

"Alyssa told me about it," she said softly, a little hurt that he hadn't told her first. "You are going out to meet him?"

"Yeah," he said, hugging her and kissing her forehead. "I will tell you all about it. I promise."

Conan walked out and drove to Heath's home in his mom's car. He wasn't outside but his mom was, tapping away on her phone. She smiled brightly, when she saw Conan outside, her radiance reaching him. 

"Hello Miss Locke," Conan said, waving in her direction. "Is Heath home?"

"Why don't you come in?" she smiled again, putting her phone away. "I will call him."

Conan waited in the living area, looking around at the photos again and smiling remembering all the stories associated with them. It wasn't just photos but like trackers of his life. They told him quite a lot of things about him. Heath was shying away from chocolate gold coins from a bowl during Hanukkah meaning he didn't like chocolate. In another, he was little and smiling at the camera, pointing at a gap between his pearly white teeth. 

"Hi," Heath said, stepping down the last stair. His eyes looked brighter than usual or maybe it was just that he hadn't seen him for twelve hours. "I-"

"Hi," Conan said, thinking of something clever to say. "You-I mean-"

"Of course," Heath said, glancing at the picnic basket in his hands. "Is Louis gonna be there too?"

"No," Conan laughed, slipping his right hand into his left one. "I made sure he would stay away."

"Nice," he commented. "Alone."

Conan remembered the night before, how they had taken advantage of the asleep manager and made out in their booth. Heath had started it but it was hard for Conan to stop. They had broken away before things got too heated. The manager had snorted when Conan and him left. They have driven around for a while and then eventually left for their homes. If he were telling the truth, he couldn't sleep all night. He didn't know if it was because of the coffee or because of Heath's lips. 

They reached the park and Heath plucked a leaf from a fruitless tree to put in his hair. 

"I think there is another leaf in my hair," he smiled, looking right and left for people. No one was looking or walking their way. 

"Shut up," Conan laughed, touching his cheek. 

They spread out the cloth under the tree and sat down. "Hi," Conan said, staring at him. 

"Hi," he echoed back, smiling. "Ugh, I don't want to leave tomorrow. I wish I had told you before."

"Told me what? How much you like me?" he asked. Their legs were touching now and it was too much for Conan to handle. 

"Yes," he smiled. "We could have had this more often, then."

"More kissing?" he mused, reaching out for his hand which he readily put into his. 

"Not only kissing," he said softly. "More of you."

"Well you still haven't told me how much you like me," Conan pointed out and Heath laughed a little, squeezing his hand.

"Do you really want to know?" he asked though it wasn't much of a question. "I like you so much that I am obsessed with you. I like you so much that I only dream of you. I lo-like you so much that even if I were lost in a crowd in some other country, yours would be the first face I would search for."

Conan couldn't breathe because he was certain that at some point he had wanted to say 'love' but covered it up pretty quickly. He smiled nervously as Heath brushed his curly hair away. 

"That's so overwhelming, isn't is?" he asked, frowning a little. 

"No," Conan said, bringing his hand to his lips and kissing it. "It wasn't overwhelming at all. I loved it."

Conan and Heath opened the basket, shying away as their hands touched when they undid the firm knot Conan's mom had done. 

"I see you bought the essentials," he said, gesturing to 'Wuthering Heights' resting on top of a jam jar. 

"This Heathcliff wasn't as good as you," Conan said, smiling widely. 

"You read it?" Heath asked, a little surprised. "I only watched the movie."

"I did," he nodded, folding his legs. "It wasn't a big fan though."

"Don't say that to my mother," he said. "She will fight you, regardless of the fact that it's her son's..."

Heath voice trailed away. He looked away with hesitation. They weren't sure what they were. Not friends but not dating either. 

"More-than-a-friend friend?" he suggested and he laughed lightly. 

"Do you-Maybe you-"he started off a little hesitant. 

"You can take your time," Conan assured him, leaning against his shoulder. "No rush."

"Thanks," he said, relieved. "But can we call this a date?"

"If you want to," he said, hastily. He didn't want to sound desperate or pressurize him or guilt him into it. "You don't really have to, I mean."

"But I want to," he said and leaned closer to Conan who smiled a little when he kissed him. He broke away suddenly, colour rising to his pale cheeks. Conan flinched as he broke contact. "Your friends are here."

@conangray cute park date with cute boy. gay much? and since when do u swing that way?

*insert photos*

tweeted by Samuelisarealman34 at 12:09 PM 

989.67 K likes, 894K comments, 757.84K retweets.