LVIII. Loverboy

I made you breakfast & left you some clothes. If you wanna stay here, you can but if want to go back to your own place, there is a key to lock the place in my bedside drawer. 

~ Heath

Cone woke up to find that note on the bedside table. He smiled as he looked at the boy's tidy scrawl made with a fountain pen. He reluctantly threw the sheets that smelled like Heath and his lilac cologne. He took a quick shower in Heath's bathroom a little conflicted as to whether or not his shampoo for straight hair would work on his curly hair or would leave them rough and unruly. In the end, he didn't use it since he felt odd going through his rack of hair products. He had left him his favourite shirt and  white corduroys. Conan made a mental note to buy at least ten of that brand. They smelled like him too and it Conan a lot of resistance not smell his scent earthly scent again and again. Well, he might have done it a couple hundred times already. No big deal. 

He came outside to find his breakfast, some pasta with a shit ton of cheese in in and orange juice. Heath did have a coffee maker and he could just use that if he felt the urge to drink some of it. Though he doubted it since he didn't feel pasta and coffee went together. 

After breakfast, Conan decided to go home for a little bit, since he felt his creative juices flowing and the urge to write another song. 

He jerked open the drawer struck and felt like he'd crossed a boundary. There they were, causally lying around. A stack of polaroids. Not being able to control himself and feeling partly possessed, he reached out and spread the pictures over his bed. 

Of course there was Heath, unwavering eyes, shy smiles, eyes like liquid gold that looked like pots of honey. Beautiful Heath who always put others before himself. In that way Heath and Conan perfectly went together. Heath needed someone to care for him and something about his unwavering kindness made Conan want to care for him.  

There was another boy in the pictures, chocolate colored wavy haired, eyes like sea glass and a reserved smile that only made Conan more curious. Julian Hertz. Julia was freaking beautiful, okay. So beautiful that Conan felt insecurity bubble in his chest. 

He ran a thumb over them, wondering how he would ever compare to Julian. What was the point of even trying? He was nothing like Julian and he couldn't ever be. Though he didn't know him at all, suddenly he just wanted to be him. Except for the hate crime part of course. 

H 👀✨🍑

Heath: good morning <3

Conan: good morning thanks for the food 

Conan: u r so cute 🙈👉🏽😍👈🏽🛐

Heath: first of all no 

Heath: second of all i m glad u liked it 

Conan: could u make something else for me?

Heath: aw okay as long as u pay me 

Conan: ....rude 

Heath: i ve student loans to pay conan. i charge ppl for breathing the same air as me 

Conan: 💀✋🏻

Conan: okay i dont know what its called but its some dish