XXX. Opera Tickets

Author's Note: AAHHHHHHHHHH. Sometimes, scream for no reason. Screaming is good.

"Recording in a Texas division for two weeks and then shooting for two weeks, okay?" Karla said, chewing the tip of her pen impatiently

"Yeah," Conan said, "But you'll send a more detailed schedule online, right?"

"Yeah," she said, not looking at him but turning around. She seemed more absent minded lately and relied more on her assistants. She was almost always in a rush to go home, check her phone for security footage of her home or some nanny she had hired for her daughter.

"Everything okay with you and Carol?" he asked, trying to sound casual. It sounded too casual and out of context to her because she raised and eyebrow.

"How about we talk when you return?"

"Sure," he said, partly sure it was no big deal. "Thanks, mom."

"Enjoy yourself, Conan," she said, rolling her eyes and patting his shoulder. Conan hugged her and turned around to face the entrance of the airport. 

The flight was comfortable for most of the part. A few fans approached him for pictures which he posed for willingly. A guy beside him, who didn't seem to know him, hit on him for an uncomfortable amount of time, calling him 'pretty boy' but he pretended to be absorbed on something his phone. He read some fanfictions about himself on wattpad, the links to which Ashley had sent him. Most of them were good and accurate to his real life which he appreciated. 

"Hey," the man beside him grinned again. Something about his smiled made him seem like a serial killer of some sort, like he was hiding something. "You're from Texas, pretty boy?"

He just stared at him, pretending he couldn't speak or hear him. 

"You're deaf?" he asked, a little taken aback, his grin had started to collapse into a frown. Conan pointed towards his ears and shook his head. 

He stopped talking to him afterwards. Fucking ableist, he scoffed.

He landed in Austin in a few hours to be greeted by Ashley. She looked relatively the same with her reddish-burgundy hair, huge smile, exposed gums and Conan's UCLA jacket. He dragged his bags along with himself as he ran, almost tripping over the curb. He hugged her and kissed her forehead, giggling as she made a grossed out face. 

"Get in the car," she said, sounding like a kidnapper. He opened the door and feel down as Caroline, Hannah, Ellie and Gus tackled him like wild animals. His head almost hit on the cement pavement. They climbed on top of him, laughing and wheezing. 

"I wasn't supposed to be like this," Ellie said, massaging her bruised elbow. "Line kicked me and we all fell down. You okay?" 

"I didn't kick you," she complained. "Four people in a car can- OUCH! My leg!"