1. Waiting

This is the first time Lalisa Manoban felt nervous showing her portfolio, she has been in the photography industry for a couple of years already, after graduating from Korea National University of Arts she had many opportunities, her professors always praised her projects and artwork, people around Seoul started to notice her talent when she started to work, but she couldn't explain herself what was happening, she never felt this way before.

After deciding between her two passions (dance and photography), she wanted to show the world through her eyes, and make people feel the passion inside her with every single shot, that doesn't mean she stopped dancing, but for now she wanted to prove to herself that she is talented in this area.

So far she has been working only for little agencies, mostly thanks to her professors recommendations and she was really thankful for that, but this Monday one of her friends called her saying Kim Corporate in Seoul needed a new Art Director's Assistant, since the last one suffered a mental breakdown, yes a mental breakdown, rumours said one of the chiefs always inspects the biggest projects carefully, and she tends to focus in every single detail, she only expects the best, and if something didn't cover those expectations then some heads would roll, those big projects needed to stand out from the other agencies and rivals, including content for magazines, social media, publicity and marketing, and it seemed this CEO was the hardest one, the cold heiress of the biggest fashion industry company, the one and only Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, also known as the Ice Princess and probably she was the reason behind that mental breakdown, we don't really know but it wouldn't be the first time, rumours about her are never ending.

Jennie Kim was cold, extremely intelligent, arrogant and nobody could see her walking around without feeling fear, since she was just a kid Jennie Kim has been prepared for this role, she studied in the best schools in New Zealand, and she managed to graduate early from the best Business University in UK, she was born to become the most successful woman not only in Korea, but the world.

Everybody in this industry knew that the biggest fashion corporate in Korea was the one owned by the Kim's, they had many branches around the world, but this particular one in Seoul was the most important one, Mrs. Kim was the head, the president, she built this company from scratch along with her family, and she made sure she prepared her only daughter to get over the whole company, along with her cousin's daughter, they were the only ones in her family that could run this enterprise the way she wanted and she expected only the best.

Lisa was astonished, she knew she needed to try this, even if getting the job seamed impossible, the standards are too high, her friend has been working as model since the days they were in highschool, and she said she had to apply many, many, many times, since it was hard to please the CEO's expectations, she has the last word in everything and everybody was afraid of her.

While waiting Lisa tried to occupy her mind in something more calming, peaceful, she has been waiting for more than 2 hours, she looked at the time and was there since 6pm, and by now she was slowly sliding into madness, Ok that was too much, but she couldn't stop getting worried, cause she saw there were many people waiting and every single time the door opened and someone got out from that terrifying office, they seemed devastated, some girls and guys even cried their hearts out, it was something unbelievable, out there they all were confident but once they were done with the interview they were broken, they seemed to feel really down.

"Ok, I'm starting to regret this, what if I fail miserably?, what if my work is not good enough?", she checked everything once again, her résumé seemed impeccable, her recommendation letters were from her University's professors and bosses, and her portfolio seemed good enough, but seeing all the people failing in a simple interview made her heart ache.

This wasn't the best way to spend her Friday evening, that was for sure, but she needed to try.

She checked her phone out of boredom, she thought about playing a game to soothe her soul, and distract her mind, Rosé her best friend and partner in crime told her she was gonna text her and so far nothing, she was hoping to see her friend at least for a little while.

Then she heard a notification, and quickly grabbed her phone, it was her:

Rosé 🌹

Hey, are you done already Lisayahhh? I'm hungry, let's eat something and catch up 😘

Lisa smiled, "Ugh, this girl is always thinking about food, she is a model, yet she eats like a professional mukbanger, I need to text her to tell her I'm still waiting" she said for herself.

Lalalisa 😺

Chipmunk, I'm not done, I'm still waiting, please come visit me, I'm dying here, I have seen a massacre since I arrived to the interview, you said the CEO was hard to please, but I didn't expect this at all.

Rosé 🌹

Ughhhhh fineeee, I'm on my way, I just need to do something first, just promise me you won't faint when you meet the ice princess, she is probably there, so be ready, I'll be there in a few.

Lalalisa 😺

Thank youuuuuu, come rescue me, I'm starting to regret this and I'm gonna leave. Seriously, omg nvm I think it's my turn, there's only one girl left and she got inside already, come fast and pick up my dead corpse.

She sent the message and started panicking, she even felt like she couldn't breath "Ok Lisa, calm the fuck down", she mused for herself, "You can do this, you are strong and smart, no matter how hard it seems, you can't waste this opportunity, you can't run like a scared chicken, or maybe I can... and nobody will notice, maybe I should call my mum, she has the best advices", she kept talking to herself, (indeed sliding slowly into madness).

Then she heard her name from the CEO Kim's personal assistant, "Lalisa Manoban, come inside, it's your turn, and you are... the last one, hurry up, we already lost enough time".

"Omg I'm dead", she said in a whisper, the assistant looked at her "Oh yes I'm ready, thank you".

She got up from her seat and started to unwrinkle her clothes with her hands, she has been there for a long time, she checked her appearance quickly, and everything seemed in her place, even her bangs were looking flawless.

"Be strong Manoban", she said to herself, "Your parents will be proud".

After try to encouraging herself, she started to walk to the office, her steps seemed determined, even if she was dying a little bit inside, she decided to put her best poker face, nobody will be breaking her soul, not again, not in the future, if she couldn't get the job she could keep looking for a new chance, in another company, even in another city or country, maybe planet? "It's official I'm getting insane" she said in a low tone this time.