35. The other Mrs. Kim (FBI and Lunch)

After listen to Jennie's voice Lisa felt so much better, she was really tired but she had so much work ahead, someone knocked on her office door.

"Chuuuu, what can I do for you?, Come inside take a seat" Lisa said, "Why are you so smilie? Huh?" Jisoo asked, "I woke up in a good mood, and it's not like I'm always all gloomy or something," Jisoo chuckled.

"My mum is coming to get lunch, and she wants to meet you, don't ask why, she only told me to invite the famous Lisa Manoban" Jisoo said, Lisa was taken aback  "Chu idk if I can make it, I do have so much work today", "Come on, make some space in your agenda, or she will make sure to come here to drag you personally, she is like Jennie" Jisoo and Lisa laughed, "Fine, I'll be there, just sent me the info ok?" Jisoo nodded.

"Why get lunch? Maybe Mrs. Kim talked already to the other Mrs. Kim about Jennie and me?, But we really haven't talked about it, at least no directly" She said for herself when Jisoo left.

Anyway she had so much work to do, Mr. James was really excited about Lisa's idea for the main commercial, and Lisa took some time to go and show him the rehearsal she recorded the day before, "Lis! This is amazing!!! Don't tell me you planned all this?" Lisa nodded, " Are you sure you are working in the correct place? He asked, "Yes, of course, dance was just a hobby for many years" Lisa answered, "A simple hobby? Well this looks professional, I have some connections, you know, in case  you want to keep practicing your hobby" Lisa laughed, talk to Mr. James made her think about her family, he was actually a father for her, always so kind and willing to help and mentoring.

She went back to the creative studio, they were brainstorming ideas, and worked hard for a couple of hours editing, and making designs for posters, publicity ads, and fashion catalogs, everything was going on smoothly, the last photoshoot looked amazing, she just got the pictures that Jennie took with her camera and looked to the other pictures, she was posing, Jennie too, Rosé was all smiles, some models talking and making funny faces, some of the crew working and smiling, the streets and the night sky, they all were amazing, she didn't realise how many photos Jennie managed to get, I think I'm gonna let Nini keep this camera, she could start practicing, it could be a hobby for her, plus there's some talent already, and she will probably want to keep the shoots as well, she thought for herself.

When she checked the time it was almost 2pm, she went back to her office and there she was Jisoo looking at Lisa's walls "You have a beautiful place here, huh? I never noticed this", she pointed to the framed picture, "It's my first work, like the first shoot that got published, my mum gave it to me, and she even wrote a dedicatory, there", Lisa said.

"She is so sweet, you must miss your family" Jisoo said, Lisa nodded and her features saddened for a few seconds.

Trying to break the moment Jisoo said "So are you ready for lunch?, let's go together, what do you think?, It's not so far from here", Lisa nodded, Jisoo looked at her and said "Let's take my car, I'm not looking to die in that big bike," Lisa laughed so loud, "Jennie said that the first time, now she drives it around, give it a try some day Chu", "What? Jennie? Seriously?" Lisa nodded. "Well I'm really impressed, she used to be more... I don't know how to say it, we could say... Fragile, I don't know" Jisoo said and smiled, "Let's go famous Manoban" both girls laughed out loud.

-----

The place looked nice, not so formal, it was a really popular bistro, but the kind where you feel like at home, on their way there Jisoo and Lisa had a great time talking, both girls found each other really hilarious.

But when they got inside Lisa felt nervous, and walked besides Jisoo, she was about to ask her something when Jisoo looked at the table near the terrace area "Muuuuum!!!!! How are you???", She embraced the older woman, and she looked at Lisa "Mum this is my friend Lalisa Manoban, she works as assistant for the Director of Photography, Mr. James, but as you know already she is in charge of the new campaign, Lisa bowed down and she felt a hug "Lalisa, it's a pleasure to meet you, I heard my cousin, Jisoo and Jennie are very fond of you, look at you, so beautiful and talented", Lisa was out of words "Thank you, so much, it's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Kim, I think someone has been talking about me, but I'm learning a lot from everyone at the company and I'm eager to keep learning to get better, and please call me Lisa" she said, "So I see you are humble as well, nice to know that, please girls take a seat" Lisa nodded.

"Call me Auntie Jiyoung, there are many Kims in this family, you would get confused, actually did you know this is a Matriarchal company?, our husbands had to let us keep our last name Kim, Sora's mother (Jennie's mum) and my mother worked really hard to get this big company and branches around the world, let's say they just tried to make an impact in this industry without any help, and here we are, I do work in the entertainment branch here in Seoul, and when I found out about you well I wanted to meet you, I hope this is not overwhelming, Jennie's mum told me some things about you, and if you are our daughters best friend it's normal to get to know more about you" Lisa nodded and Jisoo knew this was more like an interrogation, more than mere curiosity.

"I didn't know this company had such an interesting story, I think I feel really proud to work for the Kim family, hard workers and talented in this industry, plus your CEOs are making a great job and I'm proud to call them my friends, they have been really nice towards me" Lisa smiled sincerely and Jiyoung Kim seemed pleased.

Then an insane amount of questions were asked by Jisoo's mum, Lisa talked about her family and her life in Thailand, her dreams to become a photographer, and her education, little did she know the Kim aunties knew everything about her, actually they really checked her background, just in case.

Jisoo looked at her mum with disapproval but her mum didn't mind at all, Jisoo mingled casually in the conversation to make it less overwhelming.

When Lisa excused herself to go to the restroom Jisoo looked at her mum again and got closer "Mum why are you being like this? I know you, you aren't the kind of person to let others call you auntie and you never care about my friends, plus why so many questions?" She was actually annoyed, "Sweetheart, I just wanted to get to know her better, you know I will protect my family, and your Aunt Sora told me she liked her, apparently she makes Jennie really happy, so what's wrong? I'm not trying to frame this girl, I just wanted to know if she was this charming like your auntie said", Jisoo shook her head "Mum I think she has been proving all this time she is talented, extremely kind and friendly, so you better stop, I shouldn't have accepted this lunch invitation, Auntie Sora won't like it, and I'm gonna inform  her about this" Jisoo's mum chuckled, "Don't worry, she knows about it, and it's a fact, she didn't like it, she told me to let this go, but as I said I gotta protect my family, and this girl seems genuinely interesting and honest, I could even say charming, so I'm not saying anything bad about her, as I said I was just curious", Jisoo looked at her in disbelief "Mum I love you, but you are really something".

The rest of the lunch was better, things got lighter after the first conversations, and Lisa felt better, she was nervous and this conversation didn't help.

When Jisoo and Lisa were on their way back to the company Lisa seemed really happy, "Lis, I'm sorry, my mum is like that, you know, we even thought she works for the FBI, and I'm sorry if she made you feel uncomfortable or something", Lisa smiled at her "Don't worry Chu, she just want to know the people around you guys, and I understand, I won't lie I was intimidated at first" both chuckled, "Well don't be, it seems you got both Kim aunties approval to hangout with us" Jisoo said and Lisa laughed, "I'm just glad they are nice like you guys" Lisa said and Jisoo felt happy, she was really fond of the crazy Manoban.

Once they said goodbye and each girl went back to their office Jisoo decided to call her aunt, just to let her know what happened today.