24. You look at me (Something about you drives me crazy)

After listen to what Mrs. Kim had to say Lisa was just lost in her thoughts, she knew she felt somewhat different about Jennie, a few days ago she remembered she even stated she couldn't deny she was feeling something more than friendship, but this thought went away after everything what happened between Kai and Jennie.

She practically ditched the idea, sticking to just be the best friend that Jennie needed, but there have been many signals around, from Jennie and from her heart fluttering around.

Anyways she decided to think about it later on, and if it's like her mum said everything will flow naturally, Jennie needed to heal in order to start something new and Lisa could wait, this is not about rush feelings, it's not a just a crush, this could be more... Maybe... Hopefully.

Jennie appeared suddenly, getting Lisa out of her trance, "I can see you guys get along really well huh?" Lisa and her mum smiled, "Well I want to get to know your friend more, she already saved me once or twice".

The dinner was served, Mr. Jeong excused himself cause he already ate, the truth is he wanted to give them some privacy.

"Mum! This looks amazing when was the last time we ate all these, well it seems months ago, Lili all these are my favourite food" Jennie was delighted offering a gummy smile to everyone, My baby is finally smiling like she used to, when she was a just a kid  Mrs. Kim thought, "Jennie I prepared every single dish for you, I knew you would love it" her mum said.

Lisa noticed how her heart skipped a beat when she saw Jennie smiling, "Nini, auntie, the food is really amazing, seriously, I wish I could cook like this" she said, Jennie's mum answered fast "Don't worry dear, we can help you, next weekend come back and we can cook together, bring your friend and will invite Jisoo, I'll teach you everything you need to know", Lisa blushed, "Thank you, sounds like a great plan but I'm afraid I'm just too bad at cooking, my dad is a Chef, and he tried to help me and teach me, but so far nothing, still I wanna try" Lisa said, they all laughed, "Mum don't listen to her, her pancakes are awesome, she has maybe that talent waiting for her to get discovered" Jennie said smiling to Lisa and caressing her arm.

They spent dinner talking about Lisa, her family and hometown in Thailand, also Kim's family, childhood memories about Jennie and that was too much for her to bear, Jennie turned totally red, she thought it was too much share how she liked to run naked around the house when she was 3 years old, and every time she got caught, Jennie would say she was a free woman.

After the dinner, Lisa offered to wash the dishes, it's the least she could do after get such a great night with the Kim family, Jennie's mum tried to persuade her, but she insisted. So when Lisa went to the kitchen, Jennie was trying to go after her but her mum took her arm.

"Baby you look so happy, glowing, are you having a great time?" Her mum smiled at her lovingly, and Jennie offered her a gummy smile, "Yes mum, totally, it was fun even if you shared all those terrible memories about me, thank you mum, you have been so kind towards my friend", her mum smiled even more"Jennie I'm going to ask you something, and I want to know the truth", Jennie got nervous "Sure go ahead", her mum took her hand "When was the last time you couldn't stop smiling like this?", Jennie was taken aback "Well I don't really know mum... I guess it was some time ago, I don't really know" she tried to recall but nothing came to her mind.

Her mum hugged her tightly "I want you happy, I want you smiling like this, I love to see that cute gummy smile, of course you got it from me" both laughed, "Promise me you would focus on yourself and your happiness, promise me that no matter what you'll never give up, you have great friends, you are a CEO, a wonderful one, I'm proud of you and I do love you so much, you are and you have been my priority, I'm sorry if I haven't been able to express my feelings before, when you went to study abroad my heart was broken, I always wanted the best for you, maybe if I could go back in time I would change some things, I missed you every single day, and my summers were the best cause you were with me, I love you, you will always be my baby", Jennie cried because she didn't know how long she has been longing to hear all this, she hugged her mum really tight, and got a kiss on her forehead, her mum was sobbing as well, they both tried to clean their faces, cause Lisa was washing the dishes and singing.

"Mum thank you, thank you for everything! I do love you too and so much" Jennie said, her mum smiled and said "Go and help your friend, but first clean those tears".

----

Lisa was singing all happy washing the dishes when she felt someone hugging her from behind, her cheeks burned and she felt an energy jolt, she sensed a floral smell, delicate and sweet, that made her heart beat madly, "Nini?", Jennie laughed "Who else silly?, I'm sorry I just felt like doing it, I'm really really happy, I had a wonderful weekend, can we stay like this for a little while?", and that was it, all that Jennie's mum said it was true, Lisa was falling in love with her boss and friend, "Yes it's ok, I love your hugs", Lisa said boldly.

After hear Lisa's words Jennie blushed and felt butterflies flying around madly and her heart was racing. After a couple of minutes they felt really comfortable with each other.

They tried to compose themselves and then Jennie helped her with a couple of dishes.

A strong thunderstorm started, it have been raining since both girls got to Jennie's home, her mum came inside and told the girls to help to close the windows there. "Thank you girls and thanks Lisa you didn't have to wash anything" Lisa just nodded, "It's still early you could watch a film or something, I'm gonna get some rest, so you can spend more time together, she hugged Lisa tightly and she kissed Jennie's forehead, it was an amazing evening isn't it?, Both girls nodded "Thank you so much auntie, get some rest and will see you tomorrow at work" Lisa said with a wonderful smile. Jennie's mum smiled looking at both girls and left Lisa don't be stubborn, you are perfect for each other.

Jennie used to get really scared with thunderstorms, she always have been scared of the loud noise, but she tried to calm down, cause she was embarrassed and she wouldn't freak out in front of Lisa, Not again Jennie Ruby Jane!

Lisa looked at Jennie's beautiful face, her feline eyes were amazing captivating, her nose was round and perfect she couldn't help but smile and smile widely.

Jennie turned around and saw Lisa's face, she smiled back and suddenly it seemed only the two of them were there, Mr. Jeong got inside the kitchen, and both girls got startled. "I'm sorry girls are you all right?", Jennie nodded and Mr. Jeong kind of got the idea that Jennie wasn't scared and that he shouldn't mention it.

"Lili are you staying right?, let's watch a film, come with me, Lisa nodded and followed her, Mr. Jeong told them that he was gonna prepare some popcorn and Jennie thanked him.

They chose a Disney film "Tangled" and then Mr. Jeong gave them popcorn and iced tea, Jennie hugged him as a thank you. Surprisingly Lisa was singing along and Jennie felt her heart flutter again.

"Lili can I..." But she didn't have the courage to end the sentence, Lisa looked at her and took her in her arms "Come closer, let's cuddle for a while" Lisa said, Jennie nodded and felt so good.

The rain stopped after 2 hours, and Jennie was sleeping soundly, "Nini, you need to go to bed, it's late", she woke up immediately, "Aysh I can't believe it's late already, I swear I wasn't sleeping" and Lisa chuckled, "It's late but no that late, I think 11pm, I think it's my time to go back home, thank you for everything Nini, I had a great time, seriously a really great time, and tell your mum that I will follow her advice".

Jennie walked her to the garage to get her bike and then Lisa walked her back to the door, "I will see you tomorrow, have a good night" Lisa leaned a little and kissed Jennie's cheek making her gasp, "Lili have a goodnight" and hugged her tight.

"I'll text you when I get home", Jennie nodded and got inside, Lisa left the place feeling her heart fluttering non stop.