⤫1.29

"Hi," Chaerin greeted, her eyes on the boy who sat alone on the bench which was situated on the large bridge as he normally did

She often wondered what he was thinking about, although he did throw around bold comments and tease the girl, she couldn't help but notice the introverted side of him.

Chaerin wasn't sure which one was the front he put up, slowly watching as he became less and less confrontational and more easy going.

He didn't greet her back, feeling a little awkward and unsure of what to say but she didn't mind- taking a seat on the bench next to him and looked out at the sunset.

"They're starting to put the Christmas decorations up."
He hummed in acknowledgment, eyes drifting over the fairy lights someone had weaved through the railing.

"Do you like ice cream?" She asked, gaining his attention as he shrugged.
"I guess." He spoke indifferently to which Chaerin hummed thoughtfully.

"Do you want to get ice cream with me?"

The proposition caused his head to turn towards her as she held a hopeful smile, clearly slightly nervous of his response.

He opened his mouth to rudely decline but he found himself gazing at the sadness she tried to conceal in her eyes.

"...Whatever." He implied a yes and the girl perked up in surprise.
"Really?"
"Should I take it back?"

"What- no, no! Let's go, there's this really nice one a ten minute walk from here." She babbled, excitedly getting to her feet as he raised a brow at her.

"Are you that excited for ice cream?"
"Yeah, I haven't been out places with anyone for a while."
"Your friends?" He inquired, sparing a glance at her as he got up from the bench.

She gave him a shrug.
"They're all going on dates or busy with saving people. Too busy for me apparently. I know they haven't got a bad intention but...you'd think they be more I don't know, caring towards me."

"They put their Angel duties in front of anything else, they'd sacrifice someone just to save the world." Jisung spoke as he walked alongside her, hands in the pocket of his leather jacket.

She turned her gaze over to him, watching as his chin nestled in the collar of it, hair falling over his eyes.

"What about Demons?" She questioned, earning his confused attention. Watching as his nose lightly scrunched up and his eyes aimlessly wandered as if he was trying to gauge an answer out of thin air.

"Wouldn't Demons sacrifice people for something they'd like to save?" She inquired as their eyes met.

"Demons would sacrifice the world for someone- that's the difference. If a demon cared about someone then they'd watch the world burn just to save them I guess."