⤫1.43

#1 in NCT okkkk

Chaerin sighed for the umpteenth, clenching and unclenching her jaw at the late hours of 2am

She was trying to sleep, the havoc of a million thoughts running rapidly with no real cause- filling her every breath with the feeling of being trapped.

Trapped.
What exactly was she trapped in?
It was him, Jisung- him. The way she wanted to have absolutely nothing to do with him at some points but no.

She couldn't, she couldn't, she couldn't.
Not as long as they were Soulmates right? It was unexplainable, the sheer connection, the way she felt and the ache when he was not near her.

Was it love? True love- or was it forced by the sudden bond tying them down.
She wasn't sure, how could she be?

She barely knew the boy; yet she was falling for him deeper with every passing glance, remark and burst of red he flashed in anger.

It felt too soon, too soon for her to fall- it was frustrating as hell and Chaerin wanted to be in the known but she couldn't because he didn't love her back.

"Ugh!" She groaned out, pushing her covers off and sitting up in her bed, running her hand through her hair before leaning her head into the hands.

It was too much, too soon.
It was intoxicating even though they were nowhere near as close as the other couples. They were dysfunctional, they clashed and argued more times than others.

There were a million reasons why it shouldn't happen, why it would never work.

But she didn't care.

Chaerin was an advocate of love, wanting it dearly she yearned for it even if she tried to deny it.
Hopeless romantic, call her what you want but it still hurt.

It hurt knowing he wasn't capable of such capacity of emotions but it wasn't his fault- he was a child of fire- made from a place of anger and havoc.

The girl almost habitually grabbed her slipper, sliding it on and escaping her house into the coldness of the night.

Chaerin walked towards the bridge, taking her time as she thought and thought till it gnawed at her every move.

"Okay," she whispered. "You've got this." She urged herself on.

Again, she thoroughly went over the words she had rehearsed for a long time, anxiety beginning to prick at her.

"Just tell him you're okay with taking things slow, it doesn't matter about anything else." She muttered. "What if he rejects me?"

Not even aware of her surroundings, too deep in thought to see what was in front of her.

Chaerin's eyes flickered up once she reached the bridge, expecting to see the emptiness as she usually did.

She didn't expect, however to see her Soulmate kissing another person under the moonlight.