⤫1.7

The intemerate blanket of snow was a pristine white canvas upon the ground, stretching on further than her eyesight could obtain

Being so cooped up in her room proved to be more detrimental to her mentality than originally she had thought, hands aching from the amounts of last minute studying she had to do.

At this point in time, the girl was unsure if she would even pass and get into university.
She sighed heavily, brushing back her hair with her fingers and aimlessly began to wander.

The streets were bustling, not an unusual thing at all- laughter and jovial chattering carried through the gusts of wind.
Families walked together, enjoying each other's presences, jaunty in their step and Chaerin's eyes fleeted over the surroundings.

Children happily played in the snow, screeching as snowballs pelted their way and the girl chuckled under her breath- wondering where the time had gone.

She was turning eighteen soon yet she still felt as inexperienced in her life as she did at the age of twelve.

There wasn't really anything she wanted to do with her life, coming to a point where she became conflicted with her next steps.

Her feet stepped into the untouched snow, walking up the slight incline of the bridge she rarely had even been on before.

It over looked the ocean below which was still the bright cerulean, calm ripples moving throughout it as the waves clashes effortlessly.

The girl's hand lightly brushed away the reminisces of ice from the cold metal railing- allowing her hand to be covered by the sleeve of her jacket to grip into it.

The lapping of waves entranced her into a tranquil state, eyes melting down into the way the azure water sparkled under the light reflected from the faint sun hidden behind the beatific clouds sprawled without a hitch in the sky.

Infiltrating her nose was the scent of seawater, faint yet still there. The bridge of her nose dancing to the apples of her cheeks were flushed in a hue of a pinkish red as the brittle cold moves only to meet her warmth.

Sighing contently, Chaerin leans her head in her arms- eyes closed while basking in the calmness consuming her.

"If you're going to jump in the water at least make it quick."

Chaerin's eyes opened, her calmness subsiding as she stood upright and turned her head.

Jisung sat on a bench a fair distance away, leaning back with his arm resting the length of the back of it.

She scrunched her nose up at the sight of him, feeling unsafe as he silently sat there without a word and the girl inched to the left slightly, uncomfortable.

His eyebrow piercing sparkled under the light, his black hair falling over the high points of his cheekbones as he pushed it back out of his eyes before lazily turning his head towards her.

The sight of his eyes meeting her own caused her heart to jolt in fear, immediately averting her gaze and snapping her head back towards the ocean.

"I wasn't going to jump." She voiced quietly, her grip tightening on the railing and she didn't hear a reply, instead her anxiety grew the more there was none.

Glancing to the side, she caught sight of the Demon stood by the railing only a few metres away- a malicious smirk pulled on his lips which elicited Chaerin to swallow down the dryness in her throat.

"Hm," Jisung hummed, his baritone rich voice causing shocks of vibrations to crawl up her spine.

His long fingers drummed painfully slow on the iced railing, her eyes watching as it melted and the liquid beads rolled down and began to drip off.

The oxygen in her throat felt limited as he began to slowly take steps towards her direction, she turned to leave but his hand caught grasp of the back of her jacket- making her jolt to a stop.

She didn't dare move, her heart thumping in her chest and her blood ran cold as his warmth got closer- leaning down from behind her to whisper in her ear.

His hair tickled against her ear, causing Chaerin to try pull away but his warm breath fanned over her ear.

"That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing it."

Jisung's body leaned away from her, not speaking another word as he passed her as she remained still, her eyes watching as he continued to walk down the bridge before disappearing around the corner.

Well that's not very nice