⤫1.28

People go from people you know to people you don't

"Yeah of course hunny bun, come sit." Jieun smiled, watching happily as the girl sat on the end next to Jisung.

There was an imprinted frown on her face and tears built up more and more.
"What happened?" Seyeon asked, glancing from Chaerin to the table of Angels.

Chaerin shrugged, looking down at her hands and her nail scratched at the surface of her thumb habitually- breaking the skin and blood would form if she continued.

"Is that how you deal with your emotions?" Jisung asked, nodding down to her picked at, red thumbs.
The skin was peeled and they looked painful.

Chaerin hid her hands, balling them into a fist and looking up.
"How do you deal with your emotions?" She shot back and Jisung deadpanned.
"By killing people."

The bluntness of his words made Chaerin force against a laugh or a smile, instead rolling her eyes and keeping her hands out of view.

"Are you genuinely okay?" Jieun asked and Chaerin sighed- shrugging.
"Just feel like shit to be honest."

Chaerin's head turned, looking back at her old table as they all looked at her.
She bit her trembling lip, turning around and bursting into tears.

Head in her arms on the table and her body shook with cries.
Jisung was slightly taken aback, flinching at the sound and then his eyes remained on her blankly.

"Why the fuck are you crying over them?" He said, narrowing his eyes and then scoffed. "They don't mean shit honestly they can fuck off-"

Jieun sighed at Jisung's harsh words, speaking up.

"You're not helping Jisung."
"I wasn't trying to help, I don't see why she should be crying over them." He stated bitterly.

Chaerin sniffled, turning her head in her arms, wet lashes and tear stained cheeks as she looked at Jisung.
He looked down at her with the same blank eyes.

"So what if you've drifted away from them, does it really matter that much? The world isn't ending because of a few people."

Chaerin, sat up and wiped her eyes.
"I just don't know what I've done."
"Aw, listen to me okay?" Jieun said, reaching over to clasp her hands.
"You're a strong, beautiful and funny girl okay? You don't need to waste your tears over people that don't matter, that won't matter in a few years time."

Chaerin nodded and took a few breaths to calm herself down.
"Do you want a cuddle?" Jieun smiled and Chaerin nodded silently as the girl got up and sat next to her with her arms around the girl.

Seyeon watched distastefully at the two and Donghyuck glanced at his girlfriend.
"You can...like join them you know?" He spoke quietly.

Seyeon turned her head towards her boyfriend who averted his gaze at her hard stare.
"Don't act like we're-" she stopped, letting out a sigh as she shook her head- Donghyuck's jaw clenching.

Seyeon rolled her eyes and stood up, circling over to the two girls and she was standing behind Chaerin, leaning down to indulge into the hug.

"Just so you know, i don't hug many people."

"You don't have to walk me home." Chaerin said, kicking the stones under her feet and the boy scoffed.

"Renjun made me, otherwise he'd snitch to my Dad." Jisung spat out angrily at the boy and Chaerin laughed, shaking her head.

"Do you think they hate me?"
"Not as much as I hate you." Jisung commented and Chaerin pushed him- not that he went far.

Jisung glared at her but straightened up.
"You don't have long left, I hope you know that."
"I know," she sighed. "A month ish left and I still don't know what's happening, can you-"
"No I can't tell you."

"But why not, I'm gonna die anyway!"
Jisung's head tilted at her burst of anger and his eyes caught onto the spark of red that flashed in her own eyes.

"How angry can you get?"
"What?" Chaerin asked like it was the most random question.
Jisung analysed her for a second but shook his head.
"Nothing."

A gasp from Chaerin made him instantly look towards her in almost shock.
The girl's face lit up and she rushed over to the small black and white cat.

"Bubbles!" She yelled out happily, picking up the black and white cat and cooed over it.
"Why the fuck did you call a cat Bubbles?"

Chaerin giggled and scratched the cat gently.
"I was six, plus I usually call him bubs- isn't he cute!" She exclaimed, walking over to Jisung with the cat.

"No." He said, looking at Chaerin who's eyes flashed gold.
Jisung had a bad feeling about this, seeing her eyes flash two different colours in the space of a few minutes.

What would be next, wings? Fangs?
Or would it be her death.

What would be next, wings? Fangs? Or would it be her death

So like

Hypothetically

Do you want her to be

Demon

Angel

Stay as both

Human

Dead