⤫1.8

"Goodnight darling!" Kyunghwa called out from downstairs as her daughter began walking up the steps at a slow pace, sluggish as she had just returned from the hell she called school

The end of her time at high school was coming to a close, exam season approaching quicker than anticipated and it left her on edge.

When the sound of Chaerin's bedroom door closed, Chanwoo sighed and rubbed his head.
"She's nearly 18."
"I know." Kyunghwa said with a frown. "Has he came to see you-"

"Ever since he kicked me out, I haven't seen him...I'm worried though." He said, a pit in his stomach.

Kyunghwa turned her upper body towards him, her eyebrows furrowing in worry- reaching out to place a hand on his cheek.
"About Satan?"

"No, his son."

Chaerin closed her bedroom door behind her, leaning against it with a sigh and eyes closed.
Trying to clear her mind but it was plagued with the thoughts of him.

He terrified her, but yet she was curious. His words remained glued in her mind no matter how much she tried to shake it off.

"Hello."

At the sound of a voice infiltrating her ears, Chaerin yelped and snapped her eyes open to see the boy on her bed, sitting straight with an immaculate posture.

He was smiling, staring at the girl as she placed a hand on her beating chest that jolted in shock.

"Can I not get a break around here?" She muttered out angrily, striding over to the boy who continued to smile innocently.
"Yah Chenle, what have I told you about teleporting into my room? Please for the love of God- use the door!"

Chenle blinked a few times at her outburst but his smile grew and he nodded his head- standing up and walking towards the door.

Chaerin watched confused as the boy left, shutting the door behind him before waiting a few seconds.

Knocks at the door made Chaerin scoff in frustration but she took a deep breath.
"Come in." She said bored and Chenle walked into the room.

"Hello."

The girl whined out in irritation, wanting nothing more than to just sleep her worries off- she flopped down onto the bed with the angel still smiling.

"Fuck off."

Chenle gasped, mouth agape.
"Don't use that language!"

Chaerin sent him a glare as she buried her head in her pillows as the soft string of meows cut through the air.

Turning her head, she caught the sight of bubbles, her cat nuzzling himself into Chenle's leg, the Angel happily raking his hand over the fluffy pet.

"How's school?" Chenle inquired, earning a muffled response from the girl.
"It's death." She deadpanned, eliciting a raise of a brow from the boy.
"Oh really?"

"Yep." She concluded. "I would be very grateful if the ground would like to swallow me up."
"Don't say that." Chenle frowned at his friend, thinking intently as he spoke. "I'm pretty sure you'll ace your exams, you're doing so well!"

Chaerin couldn't help her lips from tugging onto a smile, gazing at the jovial and positive boy.
"Thanks Chenle."
"No problem Chaerin, bubbles has grown a lot since the last time I saw him." He muttered, smiling down at the cat.

Chaerin hummed in agreement, sitting up as she watched then both play with each other.
"It's snowing a lot lately." She spoke, glancing out of her window.

"It's really nice, don't you think?"
"We should meet up with the others and build a snowman." Chaerin perked up with her suggestion, clasping her hands together pleadingly.

Chenle grinned, nodding at her suggestion and she clapped in happiness.
"Okay but a snowball fight too, watch me win."
"You always win."
"Yeah but you always let me, it's not fair." She argued back.

" She argued back