⤫1.23

Oooh 50k

Chaerin was already up and out the door when she awoke from the nightmare, Jisung's face imprinted in her mind

His bare hands gripping onto the wing attached to her back, eyes dark and his fangs dripping in her blood.

Conflicted, strung out with the sheer confusion, frustration and lack of sleep the girl reached the place in which she always met him.

Cocooned in her fluffy jacket, hood pulled over her head as she huddled onto the bench, knees to her chest and head resting on the side slightly.

The girl felt the moon shine over her within the darkness of the night and she felt her eyes drooping with every passing moment- wind breezing past the girl.

No one was around, just the girl alone in the pits of the night instead of in the safety of her home.
Unchallenged and unknown emotions inside of her, pulling at her heart and mind.

She didn't know why and Chaerin was just so tired.
She didn't even know why she was tired.

Chaerin pulled her pink fluffy jacket closer to her body, sighing contently as she listened to the soft sounds of waves crashing.

"Can't sleep?"

"No." Chaerin mumbled out, not even fazed by the sudden presence, eyes still closed as she sat there.
Jisung didn't reply, he only looked away from her and leant on the railing, looking out onto sea.

"Are you going to kill me?" She asked genuinely, her eyes drifting across the seamless, busy roads- unusual for 2am.
Jisung hummed in response, pretending to ponder.
"Depends."
"On what?" She asked curiously.

"What happens when you're 18."
Chaerin sighed frustrated and tilted her head back so she could see him.
"You keep saying it, what will happen when I turn 18- why me? What did I do? Why is everyone-"
"Shut up and go home Chaerin."

The girl's lips pressed into a thin line and she glared up at him before resting her head on the bench rest.
"Am I going to die?" Her voice softer, more vulnerable.

The Demon's eyes flickered over to the girl and he ran a hand through his hair and habitually played with his helix piercing.

"I don't know." He said truthfully, waiting for her reply but once he got none- he pushed himself off the railing and walked over to the girl, sitting himself down on the bench.

Chaerin watched from her comfy position, her feet almost touching his leg and her gaze raked over the demon.

"I don't want to die." She confessed, a vulnerability surging through her accompanied by a shaky voice but Jisung didn't reply- unsure of what to.

"Do you ever feel lonely?"

His head turned towards her at the question, eyes locking with hers as she continued to speak.
"Like I have my friends, don't get me wrong..." She began as the Demon stayed quiet.

"I just don't feel like I fit in, they're all so perfect and etiquette with everything they do.
I love Jeno with my whole heart like he's my best friend...but sometimes I feel like a burden to be watched over." She explained, her hand hovering over her heart like it ached.

"Everyone seems to just flow together, they make sense as friends but then you have me just there on the side 7 wheeling." She laughed but it came out bitterly more than humoured.

Jisung remained silent, listening and watching as the girl ranted to the Demon at 2am.

"I don't feel like I fit in anywhere and I just pretend to be someone I'm not you get me?" She asked, finally looking over at the boy.

It soon dawned on her and she let out a soft sigh.
"Nevermind, you probably don't care. Human problems am I right?" She joked.

"I understand." He said, turning his head so he was looking straight forward, now all she could see was his side profile.
"Maybe you just need to come to terms with what is making you feel so different from them...they are Angel's you know? They're made to be perfect." Jisung commented, watching some stray angel's from afar.

"Even then, I feel like- i don't know."
"You're jealous of them, angry at them-"
"I don't know why I'm angry at them though, they haven't done anything." Chaerin groaned, snuggling into her jacket.

"You know, things like this can only be explained at the right time."
"You're always so vague, can't you be straightforward for once Jisung? I think I've been way too patient."

Jisung laughed and shook his head, stretching and watching as an Angel walked their way.
"Oh here we go," he muttered under his breath.

"Hey Human, are you okay? Is he bothering you- I'll take you home."
Chaerin sat up straighter and shook her head.
"No, no it's okay- he's my friend." She said and the Angel sent her a weird look before looking at the Demon.
"Uh..." The Angel began but he soon backed away.

"I didn't know we were friends."

That's because you're married smh get it right