⤫1

17 years ago

17 years ago

A baby's cry cut through the tense atmosphere, a exhale of relief escaping the exhausted Mother's lips at her daughters first cry.

The small body was placed on top of her bare chest, creating the first form of contact.
Kyunghwa has tears streaming down her face at the first glance at her baby.

She was beautiful.

A warm kiss to her forhead made her look up at her Husband Chanwoo who was equally joyful.
"You did so good, I'm so proud of you." He muttered, looking down at his new family.

The baby's fist was balled up, scrunching her face up and her cheeks puffed out slightly when she shifted her head uncomfortably as she began crying again.

"She's so small." Kyunghwa whispered and sniffled, caressing her daughter's cheeks.
"Hi baby," she cooed out softly. "Hi Chaerin, hi~"

Chanwoo smiled at them both, running a hand through his wife's matted hair.
"Do you think she's-"
"Kyunghwa, please we've talked about it."

The woman frowned and looked up at her husband, his eyes glowing red and she sighed, tearing her eyes away and looking back at her innocent baby.

"What will she become?" She wondered out loud and Chanwoo sighed.
"Don't worry darling-"

"Don't worry?" She hissed out. "You're a demon and I'm an angel, how can I not worry when we've had a baby! If he finds out-"

"He won't."
"You don't know that!"

An ample amount of worry flooded her system, exhausted in her own body as the newborn baby layed in her arms.

Kyunghwa leaned her head back on the pillow, looking up at her husband through her tears eyes.
"I don't want her to get hurt because of us." She whispered out desperately. "We have to hide it."

"How can we hide it, you know her powers will be activated just by us being near her." He whispered back, watching as his wife sighed and closed her eyes.

"You'd do anything for her wouldn't you?"
"What- of course I would." Chanwoo replied incredulous at the question and not long later, Kyunghwa peered up at her husband.

"Let's get rid of our powers."
"What-"
"For her." Kyunghwa cut him off, glancing down at the baby girl in her arms, so innocent and untainted by evil. "I want her to live a normal life."

Chanwoo held eye contact with his wife before his gaze trailed to the babbling baby, clenching his fist but wordlessly nodding.

Just then, a puff of black smoke blasted through the room- making the two jolt and out came a figure- aura of pure darkness around him.

Chaerin began crying, hysterically and Kyunghwa clutched her close as the man walked towards them.

Satan.

His hat pulled down, concealing his eyes and he let out a dry chuckle, coming to a stop at the end of the bed- eyes downcasted at the baby the angel tried to hide away.

"Half Angel half Demon." He spoke out. "How burdensome. You know how much I hate, tainted-"
"She's innocent!"
"She has the blood of an angel and a demon running through her! She can't live-"

"No!"
"Wait until she turns 18, then I'll come back for her."

The man turned around, beggining to leave.
"No, please! She's innocent please!"
"She'll pay for the mistake both made, you should keep a watch out." He laughed, taking one look at the babbling baby, who was blowing small raspberries.

"You have 18 years before she dies."