Chapter 4

ELLA'S POV

"I didn't think that you felt this way about me," she whispered.

"I've had a crush on you for so long..." I whispered. I heard the door open and looked up at Meredith. "Meredith, I'm sorry," I said, standing up.

"It's not okay taking off like that, I understand why. Please don't do that again," she said.

"Yes, ma'am," I said, trying to hold back the tears filling my eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked, walking in. I sat down, wiping my eyes.

"I'm okay, there's a first for everything. I just couldn't take everyone's eyes on me. I felt like, I feel like it was my fault," I cried.

"It's not your fault, not in any way. She had a stroke while Elmer was in surgery, we couldn't have known. It's going to be okay. I'm going to give you the rest of the day off, I'll see you tomorrow morning for rounds, okay?" I nodded and wiped my tears as she rubbed my hack. "Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing great. You did so well in the surgery today, I'm proud of you," she said. I looked up and showed a faint smile as she squeezed my cheeks and left. I took a deep breath, forgetting that Arizona was in here, and I slipped my scrubs off as I felt her hands on my shoulders. She started massaging them, and I turned around, crashing my lips onto hers. I felt her arms tighten around my waist, kissing harder and longer. I felt her tongue sneaking into my mouth, tangling with mine. I let out a moan and slowly pulled apart, catching my breath. I tucked her hair behind her ear, and then slipped my leggings on that I was wearing out at the bar tonight.

"Ella..." she said. I smiled, and licked my lips, slipping my top on.

"I don't want to get caught.... I'll be at Emerald City Bar tonight, come and have a drink," I said. She smiled, tracing her finger down my arm, and nodded. I kissed her cheek, heading to my mom's lounge. "Knock, knock," I said, seeing my mom sitting on the couch.

"Ella, hi, come in and sit by me," she said. I walked in, sitting on the couch next to her. "How did the surgery go with Meredith? I heard that you helped clip the appendix," she said.

"I did, it was amazing. Then his wife..."

"I heard, don't explain, how are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm doing better. I apologized for running off...it was just terrifying," I explained.

"I get it, I do," she said, caressing my cheek. "Do you need something?" She asked.

"I wanted to see my mom, and I was going to ask if you had your makeup bag?" I asked.

"Where are you going, looking like that?" I laughed, shaking my head.

"Aria, Tyler, and I are going to Emerald City Bar tonight to dance and have a few drinks. It won't be like how drunk I was this past weekend, were mainly going for the music," I explained. She smiled, getting up, and grabbing her makeup bag.

"Just be safe, and do the makeup in here, so I know I'll get my bag back," she said. I laughed, nodding and I applied more eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, and red lipstick. I put her bag back and turned around as she fluffed up my hair. "My daughter is hot," she said kissing my head.

"Will you be at the bar tonight?" I asked.

"We'll see, okay?" I nodded, hugging her tightly, and then headed back to my locker room, and I ran into Aria and Tyler.