Chapter 29

ARIZONA'S POV

Days went by, and after talking with Meredith, we decided to have the party at her house Saturday night. El and I planned to go over early to help Meredith set up. She's been working at the hospital, and everything seemed to be going fine. She was busy, and I wasn't worried about her being home alone all day.

"Babe, we have to get up for work, I said, kissing her cheek. She was adorable when sleeping.

"Hmm," she said, snuggling into me. "I don't want to get up yet," she complained.

"It's dinner party day, it will go by so fast," I said. She lifted her head up, looking down at me.

"Alright, let's get up," she said, as I helped her to the shower. We both showered together, as she got out, straightening her hair. She hasn't worn it straight to work yet, but I was happy she was only charting for the day. I got dressed in my scrubs, bringing her pair into the bathroom, and I smiled at her, as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"You're so beautiful baby," I said, kissing her neck. She smiled leaning her head to mine. She finished with her makeup, and I smiled, as I then finished my hair and makeup as she got dressed.

"I can't wait until I get this cast-off. I hate it," she said.

"I know, I can't wait either. At least this week we get it checked again," I said.

"Yeah, that's true. I'm excited to see what Link says," she said. I didn't know that she had switched doctors, I didn't blame her, but I just wasn't aware that she did. I smiled at her, and handed her, her crutches, as I leaned in, kissing her.

"Now you have red lipstick too," I smiled, biting my lip. She laughed, as she grabbed ahold of my waist, pulling me in.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too, let's go to work," I said, grabbing her bag, and opening the front door. El has gotten better on the crutches now, using them all the time, and I was thankful that she could use a wheelchair at work. I drove us to work, parked, and grabbed her bag. We got out, and walked into the hospital together, well she crutched...I clicked the elevator button as we both got on and clicked our floors we needed.

"Zona, is it okay if I go to your car if I finish early?" She asked.

"Of course, it is, there's an extra key in your bag," I said, smiling. El leaned her right crutch against the wall, wrapping her arm around me, pulling me in close. I smiled, grabbing ahold of her jacket, leaning against her. "Hi there gorgeous," I said, pulling her in for a kiss. I smiled, as she kissed me deeper, as we heard the elevator beep, and pulled apart, blushing. "I'll see you later, have a good day," she said, waving. The door shut, as Amelia was on the elevator with me.

"Good morning, Dr. Robbins," she said.

"Good morning, Dr. Shepherd," I said, smiling at her. I laughed to myself, and just waited for floor 2, and got off, walking to the attending's lounge.

ELLA'S POV

"Ella!" Aria yelled, running to me.

"Girl, hold on, I don't want to fall," I laughed, putting my bag in the locker, turning around to be engulfed in her arms. "I haven't been gone that long," I said.

"I just...It hasn't been the same," she said, letting me go. I nodded, grabbing onto my crutches, as I set my bag down.

"How has it been? Whose service are you on?" I asked.

"I'm on Callie's service today," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Are you excited?" I asked.

"She's been complaining...she's lonely because she's single," Aria said, putting her white coat on. I nodded, as I crutched after her.