Chapter 11

ARIZONA'S POV

I was confused when Alex reached out his hand to me. It's his daughter, my girlfriend. Family came first. When he reached his hand out to me, with Jo nodding along, I felt many emotions I've never felt before. I didn't realize they thought of me like family. I was honored to be there with all of them. I wasn't ready to see El, I was terrified, but I knew she was alive. We walked in, seeing the tubes and wires, as I sat down on her right side, grasping onto her hand. Jo was already holding onto her right hand, kissing her head.

"I love you so much baby girl," Jo said. We all sat around El, supporting her, and each other. Owen talked to us about her strict recovery. I looked between Alex and Jo as they looked back at me. "Please make sure she follows all the rules," Jo said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I know she'll want to be with you, I doubt she'll want to be with us," Alex explained. I smiled, and looked at El, hoping she'd wake up soon. I wiped my tears, nodding to Alex and Jo.

"I'll take care of her," I said. Jo smiled, and we all looked at El as she started moving a bit. I felt her squeeze onto my hand, and smiled, kissing her knuckles.

"Hmm..." she mumbled. Alex stood up, looking at her, it hurt to see how much this hurt him. Working with him all these years, I've never seen him so emotional. I watched her open her eyes, and felt tears pouring down my face. I knew I was a hot mess, I just wanted to be right by her side.

"Hi sweetheart, don't talk, you're okay," Jo said, as Alex went to grab a nurse. I watched her turn her head towards me and smiled, I kissed her hand a few times, as I cried. A nurse walked in and took the breathing tube out as she coughed, gasping for air. The nurse moved her bed as she took a few deeps with him. He handed her an oxygen mask, leaving it by her face, as she closed her eyes, taking another deep breath.

"I love you," she said. I looked up, smiling as I heard her voice.

"I love you too," I said, as she then looked towards her parents.

"I love you mom and dad...thank you for pulling me out of the pile," she said. I watched Alex choke on his tears, as he leaned down, hugging her tightly.

"I love you, baby girl," he said. I smiled, watching them, and let go of her hand, so they could have a moment.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"You have a collapsed lung. I haven't talked to them since, but you injured your leg somehow, and you have more scratches, you'll be okay," Alex said. Ella nodded, and we all looked towards the door as April and Bailey were standing there.

"Hi Ella, I hope you're feeling okay?" Bailey said. Ella nodded, and I looked between them. Bailey only just found out about our relationship because we didn't want everyone to know. "You will have a leave of absence while healing, but I promise your job will be right here for you when you come back. I just don't want you to rush, okay?" I smiled at Ella, as she nodded, and I looked at Bailey as she nodded at me. "Take care of her Robbins," Bailey said leaving the room.

"Ella, oh my gosh, are you okay?" Aria said rushing to her side.

"I'll be okay," she said. I watched Ella's facial expressions; I could tell how she was getting overwhelmed.

"I thought you were dead. I heard no one could find you, but got pulled into surgery, Aria cried.

"Aria, I'll be okay. I'm right here," she said, reassuring her. I smiled, moving my chair, closer to her bed. "Not to be rude, but can I just have some alone time?" She said to everyone, trying to find my hand. I grasped onto her hand, as she held on tight, Alex and Jo both kissed her head, and left the room, as Aria kissed her head, closing the door behind them.

"Am I okay to stay?" I asked.

"I only wanted you in the room," she cried.

"I'm right here," I said, sitting on her bed. I wiped her tears away, and leaned, in kissing her cheek. "Everything's going to be okay. Try to rest, okay?" She shook her head, and I adjusted the mask, looking at her. "I know this is scary, but I'm right here. Breathe," I said. I watched her take a few deep breaths, and I nodded, as I took them with her. She scooted over, and I nodded, as I laid down by her, resting my head on the pillow next to hers. I had my right arm around her, as my left and was intertwined with hers.

"Please stay," she cried.

"I'm not going anywhere," I said, nuzzling my head into her shoulder.