Chapter 32

ARIZONA'S POV

"Thank god for your dad," I said.

"Callie was there," she choked out.

"Callie?" I asked.

"She stood there the whole time watching. She said she didn't think she'd be any help and paged my dad.... she never tried to intervene once..." she said, looking up at me. I shook my head, leaning my head to hers.

"I got you," I whispered, kissing her head. "I understand if you don't' want to do the party tonight," I said.

"I want to...if I'm discharged," she said.

"Are you sure?" I asked, caressing her cheek.

"Yes, I want to be around my family, friends, and you..." she said. I smiled, and kissed her cheek, as I sat her up, with my arms wrapped around her. I closed my eyes, taking in her presence, as I heard her door.

"How's her ankle?" Callie asked peeking in. I got up, ready to swing, as Meredith held me back.

"How dare you!" I yelled, trying to swing at Callie.

"Arizona, hey..." Meredith said, holding me back. Callie backed up, looking around, and left, as I put my head down, sobbing. April walked over to me, wrapping her arms around me, as I cried into her shoulder.

"How can you watch something like that happen, and not help?" I cried. Meredith rubbed my back, as I cried, and took deep breaths, trying to calm down. I looked at Meredith, wiping my tears. "Her ankle?" I asked.

"Link can look on Wednesday, but I'm assuming that she will need to keep the cast on longer...it's swelled up worse, comparing to her last scans.... I'd say just keeping no weight on it at all will help," she said. I nodded, letting go of April, walking over to Ella. Jo was sitting next to her, hugging her, as I looked at her.

"Ella..." I sobbed, wrapping my arms around her. I was upset, upset that Callie just sat there watching her. How she didn't intervene when he tried to take her. I felt her arms tighten around my neck.

"I'm right here," she cried into my arms. I felt Alex's hand on my shoulder, and I looked up at him, as he tried to smile.

"Nothing's going to happen to Ella, we're all right here. She isn't leaving alone. No woman is leaving alone, I want them all in pairs," Alex said. We all nodded in agreement, as Meredith sat on the bed.

"Are you sure you want to do the party tonight?" She asked Ella.

"Yes, I want to be surrounded by you guys. It's supposed to be a happy night, and I want it to stay that way," Ella said.

ELLA'S POV

I knew they all meant well, and that they were worried. I just made so much food and ordered extra decorations and I didn't want to change the night. We were going to ask the girls to be a part of our wedding, and it meant a lot to us. Arizona's arms were wrapped around me, as I sat up, grasping onto Meredith's hand.

"Thank you for being there," I said.

"Of course, you're my niece, you're my favorite," she said, kissing my cheek. I smiled, as I hugged her tightly as she rocked us back and forth. "I'm just happy you're okay. Nothing like last time," she whispered.

"I love you, Aunt Meredith," I said.

"I love you too dear," Meredith said, kissing my head, standing up, hugging Alex and Jo.

"Should we go get ready for the dinner?" Arizona asked. Everyone nodded, as Arizona stood up, swooping me into her arms.

"I can carry her to your car," my dad said.

"I got her, she's my girl," Arizona said, kissing my head. I smiled, and kissed my dad's cheek, as he followed with my crutches. April and I signed the discharge papers as we all headed to the elevator.