Chapter 35

ELLA'S POV

"Open it," he said, with a huge grin on his face. I looked at him and then saw everyone else looking at us. I turned to rip the paper and saw a knee scooter. My hand shot to my mouth, as I was shocked.

"Oh my gosh, dad!" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I thought it would be easier for you to get around. Meredith and I moved things, to make sure it would work well here tonight," he said. I felt tears falling down my face and I held onto him, as he kissed my cheek. "I want you to be safe, and I think this can really help," he said. I put my knee on it, and I started scootering and smiled at everyone. I threw my hands up in the air, as I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Maybe I can do rounds!" I laughed. Everyone laughed with me, as Arizona walked up, wrapping her arms around my torso. I felt her hands on my skin and smiled as she whispered into my ear.

"I liked carrying you," she whispered. I smiled and put my arms on hers as she kissed my cheek.

"Dinner's ready!" April yelled. I smiled, and scootered to the dining table, as Arizona sat right next to me, and Aria sat on the other side of me. I side hugged her as she smiled.

"This is amazing," I said, taking my first bites.

"Thank you," April said. I smiled, and ate my whole plate, drinking my wine, as I felt good. I knew that tonight would be good for us.

"Toast to the beautiful, engaged couple Arizona and Ella," Meredith said. I smiled, as we all held our glasses in the air, clinking with everyone's. Everyone finished eating dinner, as April turned on some music to dance to. I smiled at Arizona and April dancing, as I was sitting on the couch. Meredith sat next to me, as she put her hand on my leg.

"How are you?" She asked. I looked over at her and smiled, as I put my arm around her back.

"I'm good. I feel so loved and safe by everyone here," I said.

"Good," she said, leaning her head to my shoulder.

"I have a question for you," I said.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Would you do the honor and be my maid of honor?" I asked. I watched her hands fly up to her mouth, and tears falling from her eyes.

"I would absolutely love to," she cried, wrapping her arms around me. I smiled, holding onto her as Arizona smiled, snapping photos.

"What happened? Why is Meredith crying?" April asked.

"April, can I ask you something?" Arizona asked.

"What's up?" April said, dancing around Arizona. She laughed, grabbing her hands, as April was confused.

"Will you be my maid of honor?" Arizona asked. I captured photos of April's facial expression and smiled. I was so happy to have these wonderful people in our wedding. It made my heart happy even asking them, to see that much joy in their eyes that they want to be a part of I do's.

ARIZONA'S POV

I watched Ella ask Meredith, and started crying, and knew I had to ask April.

"April, will you be my maid of honor?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh!" April said, as her hands flew to her mouth. "I would love to," she said, crying into Arizona's shoulder. I smiled, as I held onto April, and danced around with her, as she kissed my cheek. "Is that why Meredith is crying?" I nodded, and smiled, as she started dancing again. I walked over to the table taking another sip of wine and heard the door, as Amelia answered.

"Callie?" I questioned. Ella and Meredith looked up and saw how my mood changed. Alex walked up to me, and took my hand into the kitchen, as everyone else was in the living room.

"Robbins let her be," he said.

"Alex, she just watched the love of my life get attacked, and almost taken. How the hell am I supposed to just sit here? I don't want her here," I shouted.

"I know, I know. She heard the interns talking, and that's how she found out. She didn't know what it was for. Just focus on why you're here, okay?" I looked at Alex, and he pleaded as Ella wheeled into the kitchen.

"Zona," she said. I looked down at my wine, as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I don't want her here, not around you," I cried into her shoulder.

"I know, I know. I'm not happy with her either," she said, kissing my cheek. I set my wine glass down and wrapped my arms around her, as Alex left the kitchen.

"Hey Alex, where's Arizona and Ella?" Callie asked. I felt anger rising inside me, but it melted away as Ella just held onto me.

"Callie, I wouldn't...Arizona is pretty upset with you. I know you didn't mean any harm, but they don't see it that way," Alex said.

"I wanted to apologize. I did do wrong, even if I felt I couldn't have stopped him I shouldn't have stood there, and I feel horrible," she said. He looked over at us, as my head was nestled into Ella's shoulder.

"Stay behind me, okay?" Callie nodded, as they walked into the kitchen. I looked up, and felt anger, but saw Ella looking up at me. I wiped her tears away, and kissed her cheek, as I held onto her, looking over at Alex.

"Arizona...Ella...I just wanted to apologize for today. I feel horrible for not intervening. I didn't think it was going to get that far that fast, and I'm sorry. I know we've had our faults...but I truly care for both of you. Your part of the Grey-Sloan family," she said. I looked away from Callie as she was crying. I looked at Ella and she looked over at Callie.

"Callie, I appreciate you apologizing, but it will take some time. Calling my name, and then just standing there...It will take time," Ella said, turning back towards me.

"I understand. I brought a gift for you two, but I'm going to leave that here, and go out there," she said.