Chapter 13

ARIZONA'S POV

"Okay, so April freaked out. She knew how much you meant to me, and with how your patient flew to Meredith, and you disappearing, she panicked. She thought you died. She had a very hard time telling me what happened but sat with me as I was a mess...Your dad...he pulled you out of the pile, and your lips were already turning blue...he thought you were dead until he felt your pulse; he was worried sick because he could tell how fast your pulse was declining. Your lung collapsed and that's why your lips were so blue..." I explained. I looked up and saw El sobbing into her hands. "Hey, you're okay, come here," I said, pulling her into me.

"I can't believe.... I..."

"Shh.... I got you," I said rocking our bodies back and forth. "Your dad, mom, and I all sat in the on-call room together waiting for an update. We stayed together and prayed together. We knew you'd be okay, especially with Meredith, Bailey, Owen, and Callie in the OR," I said. I lifted her chin, and wiped her tears, as I kissed her cheek. I felt her arms wrapped around my body, and she just held onto me as she calmed down. She was laying on top of me, which I didn't mind. I just stroked through her hair and rubbed her back as she calmed down. I slid down a bit, as my back hurt, and her head was resting on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead, and smiled, as she fell asleep.

ELLA'S POV

I was upset hearing how I scared my dad and my coworkers. It broke me for them to see me that messed up. To see me that hurt. I was the one always helping everyone else out, and then they needed to help me out...I didn't like being the person who needed help, I've been too independent since I was 10 years old. I climbed on Arizona, and just held her tightly as she rubbed my back and stroked through my hair. I didn't know how to make this right. I fell asleep from exhaustion, and just felt her snuggle into me more, and knew I was safe.

"Arizona..." I whispered. I lifted my head and saw that she was fast asleep. I smiled and kissed her neck, and I slowly moved as she was holding tightly onto me. I had to pee, but I didn't want to disturb her.

"Hm..." I looked to see that she was waking, up, and didn't want me to move. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I have to pee," I said, standing up. She got up, and grabbed my hands, helping me to the bathroom. I smiled, as she washed her face, and then grabbed my pain medication. "Is that my medication?" She nodded, handing me the bottle. I was drying my hands and then took a tablet with a glass of water, as I grasped onto her hand as she helped me back to the bed. I got underneath the covers, placing my ankle on the pillow the hospital provided me. I laid on my back, sprawled out, as I felt exhaustion from everything. Arizona laid down, covering us up, and she wrapped her arm around my torso, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Are you okay El?" She asked, kissing my cheek.

"I'm okay," I said, kissing her head, turning my head the other way.

"El, what's wrong?" She asked.

"My body is just exhausted, I'm not tired, but my body feels exhausted," I cried.

"Aw, honey, is there anything I can do?" She asked, nuzzling into my side.

"Just hold me?" I asked. Arizona wrapped her arms around me, she cradled me in her arms as she kissed my cheek, and she pulled the blanket up on me, and we fell asleep 30 minutes later.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," I said, kissing her passionately. I pulled her into me more and smiled, deepening our kiss, as she reached her left hand, placing it on my cheek. I smiled, as I had my hand on top of hers and she started kissing my neck as I slipped out a moan. She smiled at me, starting to kiss down my jawline. 

"How does this feel baby?" She whispered, kissing down my body.

"Oh my gosh," I gasped. She slipped my pants off, positioning herself in-between my legs, as my back was arched. "Arizona," I moaned. I screamed her name, as she laid next to me naked.

"I like you naked in my bed, better anyway," she laughed. I shook my head and cuddled up to her as she had her arms around me.

"I mean I like being naked more than wearing clothes, but in case people come..."

"No one will come unless you or I invite them," she said. I smiled as I kissed her neck, snuggling up to her.