Chapter 52

ELLA'S POV

While Arizona was saying goodbye to some of her family, Aria took me over to the side to tell me about her and Tyler, or so I thought.

"What's up Aria? Why did you have to take me over here?" I asked.

"I just needed to tell you something, and I don't want you to be mad," she said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"The man who tried to take you...it was my uncle," she said, looking down. I looked up at her in disbelief. I didn't even know how to respond.

"He's your what? Why did you never say anything? What the heck?" I yelled.

"I couldn't tell it was him right away, but he was mad at me because I didn't have rent money on time...He was looking for me in the hospital that day and he recognized you, and...I don't know what he was planning to do, but I'm so sorry," she said. I was shaking. I had no idea what to think. I started walking away when Aria grabbed my arm.

"Stop," I said,

"Ella please," she cried.

"You had all this time to tell me, and you chose to tell me on my wedding night. My night for my bride and me. That's not okay Aria. I don't understand why you think keeping secrets is okay. By the way, I already know you and Tyler are dating. He told me months ago. He doesn't like keeping secrets. He's more of a friend than you are. I had you in my wedding for god's sake. Just why?" I asked, with tears streaming down my face.

"Ella, I'm sorry. I just- I had family stuff going on. I didn't know..."

"You didn't know? You obviously did because you just told me. Just go home," I said, turning around, running back into the reception area. I ran into Meredith as I wiped my tears away, hoping she wouldn't notice.

"El, what's wrong?" She asked. I shook my head, trying to smile, as she smiled at everyone, taking my hand, pulling me away.

"I'm fine Aunt Meredith," I lied.

"No, you're not, what's going on?" She asked, rubbing my arms. I looked up at her and shook my head.

"That guy, the one who was hitting on me at the bar who slapped my ass.... the one who tried to kidnap me from the hospital. He's Aria's uncle," I said.

"He's what?" She asked. I nodded, as I wiped my tears.

"That's where I was, she decided tonight was a good night to tell me. She's been dating Tyler for what, 3 to 5 months now and she never told me once. I figured they were dating because it was easy to tell, but Tyler came to me telling me after a month...he never wanted it to be a secret from me because we're all supposed to be friends. She told me all of this stupid crap tonight, on my night," I cried.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay," she said, wrapping her arms around me. "It's still your night," she said, kissing the side of my head.

"I know, I just...I'm shaking. I don't know if I'm angry or just plain scared. Her uncle took me...like how did she not know, I don't get it. I don't want her here anymore," I said. Meredith nodded, holding me in her arms as Amelia and April walked up.

"Brides are always so emotional on their wedding day," April said, giggling as she was drunk.

"April, it's her day, she gets to cry if she wants," Amelia said. "Is everything okay here?" Amelia asked, rubbing my back.

"Is Aria gone? I don't want her here," I said.

"I'll go check, stay here with Amelia, okay?" Meredith said. I nodded as I wiped my tears and laughed at April.

"April, you need water, not another bottle of wine," I said, taking it away from her. She laughed as she wrapped her arms around me. I looked up and saw Meredith stopping Aria.

"Aria, I don't want to make a scene, but you need to leave," Meredith said.

"Really?" Aria asked.

"You're really going to try to play the victim card? You need to leave," Meredith snapped.

"Yeah, whatever," she said, grabbing Tyler's hand.

"What's going on?" Tyler asked. Meredith looked up at him, and back at me.

"Aria decided tonight would be a good idea to tell Ella that the guy who tried to kidnap her was her uncle..." Meredith said.

"Aria what the heck? For one, you never told me, and for two why tonight?" Tyler said, rushing over to me.

"Ella are you okay?" He asked. I nodded as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Tyler you're okay, go be with your girlfriend, I'm not mad at you," I said.

"Ella," he said.

"It's okay, I'm not mad, I know she's too drunk to drive," I said.

"I didn't know. I really didn't, can we talk about this tomorrow?" He asked. I nodded as he hugged me again, before guiding Aria to his car to leave. I took a few deep breaths as Meredith walked back over, wrapping her arm around me.

"Your bride is looking for you," she said. I nodded, as Amelia had her other arm around me, with April walking beside us.

"El, there you are," she said, kissing me. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding onto her.