Chapter 31

ELLA'S POV

"HELP!" I screamed. I was hitting him on his back, as I grabbed ahold of my pager, paging everyone 911, or so I thought. "LET GO OF ME," I yelled. I felt nervous, as I didn't have my crutches. No matter how hard I hit him, he wouldn't put me down. We were across the parking lot, as I saw someone I recognized from the entrance. It was Callie.

"Ella?" She yelled. I looked to see Callie and waved.

"HELP ME! HE'S TRYING TO TAKE ME," I yelled.

"That's it punk," he said, throwing me to the ground. I covered my face as he went to hit me. "Shut the hell up, before you really will regret this," he yelled. I scooted back, and kicked him in his area with my cast, as he fell to the ground. I got up, hopping away, as I slowly put my weight on my foot, feeling excruciating pain. I tried to walk away faster, as I felt his arms wrapping around me, with his hand on my mouth. I bit his fingers, and felt a punch to my gut, as I screamed. I looked up seeing Callie standing there, and then saw my dad, as I screamed.

"DAD!! HELP, PLEASE!" I cried. The guy was trying to put me in his truck, as I fought with every bit of strength I had. He slammed the door, as I opened it back up, falling out as he drove off. I felt someone pick me up, as I cried. "LET ME GO," I yelled, fighting to be put down.

"El, it's me," my dad said. I opened my eyes and broke down crying as he held me in his arms. He walked me back into the hospital, grabbing the crutches, and sat down inside, as I was shaking. I had my arms around his neck, crying into his shoulder. "Shh...I have you," he said, kissing my head. He lifted my head up, and wiped away the dirt, as I saw tears in his eyes.

"He...He..." I stuttered as I gasped for air.

"Hey, take it easy, breathe in....and breathe out," he said. I shook my head as I covered my face, as he kissed my cheek.

"Is she okay?" Callie asked.

"What do you think? You saw the whole thing unfold, why didn't you go after him?" Dad snapped.

"I didn't think I'd be any help, so I paged you," she said.

"I thought I paged everyone," I cried.

"You only paged me," that I know of," she said. I looked up at dad and just held onto him, as he stood up, and grabbed a gurney. "Let me help with the blood," she said. I flinched, and turned the other way, curling up into a ball. I heard Meredith's voice and felt her hand on my arm.

"Let's get her to an exam room, come on Alex," she said.

"Meredith," I cried.

"I got you dear, I'm right here. I'm sorry I couldn't get there sooner. I'm right here," she said. I nodded, as they brought me into an exam room, looking for any more wounds. "We're going to get an MRI, I want to know if there's anything else internally, okay?" I nodded and laid flat as she prepped the machine. "Stay still, I'll be here the whole time," she said.

"Scans are up Mer," my dad said. Meredith helped me back onto the bed, and wheeled me back to my room, and stayed with me, as Alex paged April.

ARIZONA'S POV

I heard my pager, but I was in the middle of surgery and hoped it wasn't urgent. I wanted to make sure I got this boy back up to his room. Appendix surgeries were easy, but I wanted to make sure that everything was done right.

"Dr. Robbins, the page is a 911, from Ella?" Tyler said.

"Does it say anything else?" I asked.

"No, just 911," he said, putting the pager down. I looked at him, and took a deep breath, and looked back down at my patient finishing the removal of the appendix. I closed and had Tyler bring him to recovery, as I walked into the scrub room, sliding down the wall, crying.

"Dr. Robbins, are you okay?" Jo asked. I looked up, shaking my head. She must not have known.

"Ella paged me 911, I'm just...last time anything happened," I cried.

"Hey, come on, let's go together," she said, helping me stand.

"I have to talk to the parents..." I cried. 

"I'll have the nurse talk to them, okay?" I nodded, wiping my tears as I hugged her tightly. I took another deep breath as I got paged by April.

"They're in room...." I looked up to see Alex cradling Ella, and my heart broke. April was talking to Amelia about the scans, as I walked in with Jo.

"What happened?" Jo asked.

"Zona," she cried.

"I'm right here El," I said, rushing to her side. Alex let go of her, as El curled up in my arms. "What happened?" I asked, moving the hair out of her face.

"The.... The guy from the bar..." She cried.

"Guy from the bar...? Oh my gosh, are you serious? The one Joe kicked out?" She nodded, as I kissed her forehead, rocking her back and forth. I looked up to see Alex and Jo hugging. I wanted to hurt every human being, why were people after my El?

"I got to her before he drove off. El opened the door as he took off and fell from the vehicle. She has some road rash, and she has some bruising on her stomach," Alex said. I nodded, looking up at April with tears in my eyes.

"The MRI didn't show any internal bleeding or injuries..." April said.

"He didn't hit me hard enough...He threw me to the ground, and he tried to punch me in the gut. It hurt, but my hands were trying to remove his other handoff, so I blocked the partial hit," Ella said.