6. Night Market Confessions

Friday was finally here! I had the day to myself so I decided to catch up on all of my school work so I could enjoy my weekend without worrying about it. I made myself lunch and went for a run too. By the time I got back home it was around 4pm so I started getting ready for my date with Jin tonight.

I decided on wearing a short teal pencil skirt with a pink cropped jumped and pink slip ons. Definitely wanted something cute seeing as the meeting location was the night market. I hadn't been there since I was young so I was really excited.

By the time I left my apartment night had fallen. It was perfect weather, not windy or cold but not warm either. I could see the colourful lights reflecting on surrounding buildings and hear the lively chatter as I approached the market front.

I felt my phone buzz, knowing that it meant Jin was nearby. It didn't take long for me to spot him out in the crowd, he was indeed tall. His eyes connected with mine as he noticed me, I watched as he casually slipped through the crowd and made his way to me.

"What a lucky guy I am, having such a sweet girl waiting for me" Jin smiled lightly

"What a lucky guy I am, having such a sweet girl waiting for me" Jin smiled lightly. "Im pretty sure it's the other way around." I laughed.

Jin tutted before offered me his arm. "Shall we?" He asked. I hesitated only for a second, the chivalry was just so sweet. I gently held on to his arm and we set off down the market isles together.

There was so many different kinds of stalls, hats, bags, cute jewellery, different kinds of foods, souvenirs and clothing. I was so pre-occupied trying to take in everything. When I felt his hand rub my own that was clinging to him it pulled my attention back to him. Jin pointed to a Tteokbokki stall eagerly.

"This looks delicious, let's go there" he suggested giddily. Sharing his excitement I agreed with his choice. We ordered a spicy serving of Tteokbokki and took a seat at an empty table in front of the stall.

"So Jia, what's new with you?" Jin asked as he popped opened the container and handed me a pair of chopsticks. "Mostly uni work, even though this semesters just started I feel like I've been busy every day" I sighed. Jin took it upon himself to pick up a piece of rice cake and blew on it to cool it down.

"Ahh, that's uni life I suppose. My advice, just embrace it" he said before offering me the first piece. I accepted his gesture, carefully chewing before the taste hit me.

"I always eat the most delicious food when I'm with you" I laughed. The spices leaving a delightfully warm feeling in my mouth. Jin's expression melted as he tried some too. "Then, spend every day with me from no on." he replied playfully before laughing at his own wittily flirty remark. I blushed. Spending every day with him.. what would that be like..?

"Or maybe food just tastes better when I'm with you. Come to think of it, isn't there some kinda saying .. Something along the lines of 'Great food and great company is one of life's best pleasures'.."