43. 24K Gold

Thursday

I was abruptly awoken by the thud of my bedroom door being swung open and hitting the wall.

"Rise and shine my little love birds, time for breakfast" Jin's called out cheerily.

What was he doing here so early?

I heard Joon groan and shuffle around from beside me. I peered around my room to see the door still wide open, I could hear the crunching of plastic bags from the lounge room. I checked my phone, it indeed was a little early.

"Ahhh. What's Jin doing here?" Joon sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked like the walking dead. I chuckled.

"No idea but I think he bought us breakfast" I replied, throwing my legs off the edge of the bed and getting up.

"He'd better have coffee" Joon sat there for a second staring into nothingness before getting up too. He looked so out of it.

We went and took a seat at the table.

"You two look like crap. Here" Jin chuckled to himself as he slid over just what we needed to wake up. The aroma was like heaven to my nose.

"I don't expect you to look any better first thing in the morning" I mumbled under my breath as I sipped at the straw.

"You'd be surprised" Jin just laughed before taking out a few plastic containers from a bag.

"Bon appetite" he smiled as he cracked open the lids to reveal soup, egg rolls and rice balls. "Thanks, Hyung" Joon ruffled his hair lightly before taking the chopsticks Jin handed to him.

"Where'd you get this from? It smells amazing" I asked, leaning forward to inspect the food more closely. The smell was doing a good job of waking me up more.

"There's a restaurant just on the street behind us. I stop by once in a while, next time I'll grab the Japchae for both of you to try" Jin offered, daintily picking up an egg roll and popping it in his mouth.

"Sounds good. Haven't had Japchae in a while" Joon spoke, mouth half full of rice ball.

I ate silently as I listened to them talk. By the time we finished eating Joon and I were fully awake, I suppose that was why Jin had waited until afterwards to bring up what he did in conversation.

"So, as much as I love you two, the reason I came by was to talk to you about something" he began to say. Joon gave a small nod as he listened. "It's about that guy Hoseok is meeting with tomorrow. I've had some men follow him around, turns out he has a weakness for cute blonde girls" Jin glanced over at me but I had no idea what was going on.

"No. No way, we already agreed that we wouldn't get Jia involved" Joon was blunt, shutting down whatever Jin was trying to propose. Jin gave a sharp tsk, obviously not pleased with Joons abrupt dismissal.

"Namjoon. Look, this is important. What we agreed on was that we wouldn't get her involved unless it was necessary. And this is necessary" the volume of Jin's voice has risen slightly as he argued to make his point.

"What're you saying? We just send Jia along with Hoseok as eye candy to persuade this guy to do business with us? How the-" Joon was cut off "Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying. It's a great idea! We need this deal, there's a lot at stake. Besides, Jia wouldn't be in any danger. She'll be with Hoseok the entire time. Easy solution" Jin ended on a confident note.

Joon let out a small sigh and rubbed his temples. He looked over at me, I didn't know what he was thinking.

"I want to do it. Can I go with him?" I spoke up.

"Huh? Not you too" Joon groaned.

"See! She's in, C'mon. Stop holding out on us" Jin added fuel to fire.