66. Always With Me

Saturday

I was woken by soft tender kisses and the tickle of hair against my cheek. My eyes remained closed as I cupped Tae's face and pressed my lips to his. His presence makes my heart swell, leaving me feeling weak.

"You're crying again..." I felt his thumb brush my cheek. Was I?

"These are tears of relief, I think..." I stifle a teary chuckle. As I crack open my eyes the vision of him sweet and sleepy puts me at ease.

The loving gaze in his eyes, my cheeks pull into a smile at the sight. We indulged in each other's warmth for as long as we could before Tae had to leave for the agency. I could still feel the way his lips had touched mine.

Everyday seemed to be a different struggle, but today felt a bit different. A ray of light cracked through, and as I shower and get ready for my day I sit in my daydream. Wanting to stay a little longer in the warmth of that light peeking through all the hurt.

A text from Jungkook catches my attention. I pick up my phone off the coffee table and swipe it open.

JK: I got the afternoon off, wanna grab some Ramen together?
Jia: Sure, are you coming here first or should I meet you somewhere?
JK: Let's meet at 6, I'll send you the address 😘

Jia: Okie, I'll see you later ㅋㅋ

I put my phone away and wasted some time going on a run and reading until it came time to meet Kookie for dinner.

I'd changed into a black hoody and a ripped pair of blue jeans before leaving the house. The sun was setting on the horizon, streets bustling with the excitement of a Saturday night.

As I got closer to the small ramen shop I saw a hooded and masked figure that resembled Jungkook's build. As his dark eyes peered over at me from under the hood I was sure it was him.

"What're you doing?" I asked as I stopped in front of him, only for his eye creases to crinkle beneath his black mask like he was smiling.

"Waiting for you obviously. C'mon, let's go inside before anyone notices me." Jungkook gently grabbed my hand and tugged me into the small shop with him.

A light ding of the door was followed by a call out of greeting from the two staff behind the ramen bar.

We gave a small bow and took a seat on the end of the bar near the wall.

"I meant, what're you doing so covered up? Did something happen?" I asked him now that we were both seated. Jungkook slid a menu over to me, stealing a quick glance before looking back down.

"Not exactly, I just don't want to risk causing any scandals... That's all." I looked from him down to the menu in front of me.

"Oh okay, guess you're right. That would be bad. Luckily we're the only ones here and this ramen shop seems quiet."

Jungkook glanced around, took off his mask and shone me a small bunny smile, two front teeth sticking out handsomely.

"Noona. What're you going to order?" He asked.

I settled on a lighter Shoyu and Kookie a Tonkotsu. He poured us both a glass of water. We'd only started some small talk before my message tone pulled my attention. Kook peered over to see Jimin's name on the screen.

"Jiminie Hyung? He should be at practice right about now." He offered. I swiped open the message to see for myself.

Jimin: Hey cutie 🥰 I finish early tonight, was hoping to come and see you. What's you think?